The other day, I posted something in another thread where I asked members what was the first word that popped into their head when they saw/heard the word "cheap"?
My first response was from
Whoknows and his reply was "perfume". That phrase, cheap perfume, made me instantly think of Journey's DON'T STOP BELIEVING. The post went in a different direction from what I planned but it was so much fun! Example, there were other responses to the word "cheap" that included shoddy, floozy and several more and
huxley999 was able to cite songs with those words in them!
Let's pick a RANDOM word and see if a song comes to mind. My guess is not every word will trigger a song to pop into our heads, but who knows. If you would kindly post a few lines of the song that reflects "the word", the name of the song and the artist and if you like, a YouTube link to the song. PLEASE ATTACH YOUR SONG TO THE PARTICULAR "WORD OF THE DAY".
Let's have some musical fun!
How can you see into my eyes like open doors?
Leading you down into my core where I've become so numb
Without a soul my spirit's sleeping somewhere cold
Until you find it there and lead it back home
(Wake me up)
Wake me up inside
(I can't wake up)
Wake me up inside
(Save me)
Call my name and save me from the dark
(Wake me up)
Bid my blood to run
(I can't wake up)
Before I come undone
(Save me)
Save me from the nothing I've become
Now that I know what I'm without
You can't just leave me
Breathe into me and make me real
Bring me to life
(Wake me up)
Wake me up inside
(I can't wake up)
Wake me up inside
(Save me)
Call my name and save me from the dark
(Wake me up)
Bid my blood to run
(I can't wake up)
Before I come undone
(Save me)
Save me from the nothing I've become
Bring me to life
(I've been living a lie, there's nothing inside)
Bring me to life
Frozen inside without your touch
Without your love, darling
Only you are the life among the dead
All this time I can't believe I couldn't see
Kept in the dark but you were there in front of me
I've been sleeping a thousand years it seems
Got to open my eyes to everything
Without a thought, without a voice, without a soul
Don't let me die here
There must be something more
Bring me to life
(Wake me up)
Wake me up inside
(I can't wake up)
Wake me up inside
(Save me)
Call my name and save me from the dark
(Wake me up)
Bid my blood to run
(I can't wake up)
Before I come undone
(Save me)
Save me from the nothing I've become
Bring me to life
(I've been living a lie, there's nothing inside)
Bring me to life
only registered users can see external links
In Babylon
On the boulevard of broken dreams
My will power at the lowest ebb
Oh what can I do?
Oh buccaneer
Can ya help me put my truck in gear?
Can ya take me far away from here?
Save my soul from sin?
You wanna get away you've had it man
Nothing's going right
So come sit on the sands of the island
Island of Lost Souls
No luxuries, no no amenities
Too dull, your senses
Oh oh only primitive
"Hey hey really get away," is what he said
Where did he go?
I'm tired of waiting here for him
Where can he be?
He's not with me
Where did he go?
What will I do alone?
Why did he run, run away from me?
The sky is blue the sea is warm and clear
And golden sands are calling out to you inviting
Make a new man outa you
You can come for a while come with a friend
Forget about work start all over again
Let the real you through, here's what we do
Where did he go?
I'm tired of waiting here for him
Where can he be?
He's not with me
Where did he go?
What will I do alone?
Why did he run, run away from me?
No luxuries, no no amenities
Too dull, your senses
Oh oh only primitive
Hey hey really get away
Island of Lost Souls
Ayya ayya ayya Island of Lost Souls
only registered users can see external links
Catch a falling star
And put it in your pocket
Never let it fade away
Catch a falling star
And put it in your pocket
SAVE it for a rainy day
Catch a falling star
And put it in your pocket
Never let it fade away
Catch a falling star
And put it in your pocket
Save it for a rainy day
For love may come
And tap you on the shoulder
Some starless night
And just in case
You feel you want to hold her
You'll have a pocketful of starlight
Catch a falling star
And put it in your pocket
Never let it fade away
Catch a falling star
And put it in your pocket
Save it for a rainy day
For when your troubles
Start a-multiplying
And they just might
It's easy to
Forget them without trying
With just a pocketful of starlight
Catch a falling star
And put it in your pocket
Never let it fade away
Catch a falling star
And put it in your pocket
Save it for a rainy day
Catch a falling star
And put it in your pocket
Never let it fade away
Catch a falling star
And put it in your pocket
Save it for a rainy day
Never let it fade away
Save it for a rainy day
only registered users can see external links
It started off so well
They said we made a perfect pair
I clothed myself in your glory and your love
How I loved you
How I cried
The years of care and loyalty
Were nothing but a sham, it seems
The years belie, we lived a lie
I'll love you 'til I die
SAVE me, save me, save me
I can't face this life alone
Save me, save me, save me
I'm naked and I'm far from home
The slate will soon be clean
I'll erase the memories
To start again with somebody new
Was it all wasted?
All that love?
I hang my head and I advertise
A soul for sale or rent
I have no heart, I'm cold inside
I have no real intent
Save me, save me, save me
I can't face this life alone
Save me, save me, oh
I'm naked and I'm far from home
Each night I cry, I still believe the lie
I'll love you 'til I die (Ow!)
Save me, save me, save me (Oh yeah)
Yeah, save me (Yeah)
Save me, ooh (Oh, save me)
Don't let me face my life alone
Save me, save me, ooh (Save me)
I'm naked and I'm far from home
only registered users can see external links
We are the Village Green Preservation Society
God SAVE Donald Duck, vaudeville and variety
We are the Desperate Dan Appreciation Society
God save strawberry jam and all the different varieties
Preserving the old ways from being abused
Protecting the new ways, for me and for you
What more can we do?
We are the Draught Beer Preservation Society
God save Mrs. Mopp and good old Mother Riley
We are the Custard Pie Appreciation Consortium
God save the George Cross, and all those who were awarded them
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh
We are the Sherlock Holmes English-speaking Vernacular
God save Fu Manchu, Moriarty and Dracula
We are the Office Block Persecution Affinity
God save little shops, china cups, and virginity
We are the Skyscraper Condemnation Affiliates
God save Tudor houses, antique tables, and billiards
Preserving the old ways from being abused
Protecting the new ways, for me and for you
What more can we do?
We are the Village Green Preservation Society
God save Donald Duck, vaudeville and variety
We are the Desperate Dan Appreciation Society
God save strawberry jam and all the different varieties
We are the Village Green Preservation Society
God save Donald Duck, vaudeville and variety
We are the Desperate Dan Appreciation Society
God save Donald Duck, vaudeville and variety
God save the Village Green!
The world was on fire and no one could save me but you
It's strange what desire will make foolish people do
I never dreamed that I'd meet somebody like you
And I never dreamed that I'd lose somebody like you
No, I don't wanna fall in love
(This world is only gonna break your heart)
No, I don't wanna fall in love
(This world is only gonna break your heart)
With you, with you (With you)
(This world is only gonna break your heart)
What a wicked game we play, to make me feel this way
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you
And I don't wanna fall in love
(This world is only gonna break your heart)
No, I don't wanna fall in love
(This world is only gonna break your heart)
With you
The world was on fire and no one could save me but you
It's strange what desire will make foolish people do
I never dreamed that I'd love somebody like you
And I never dreamed that I'd lose somebody like you
No, I don't wanna fall in love
(This world is only gonna break your heart)
No, I don't wanna fall in love
(This world is only gonna break your heart)
With you (With you)
(This world is only gonna break your heart)
With you (With you)
(This world is only gonna break your heart)
No, I... (This world is only gonna break your heart)
(This world is only gonna break your heart)
Nobody loves no one
only registered users can see external links
Don't go breaking my HEART
I couldn't if I tried
Oh, honey, if I get restless
Baby, you're not that kind
Don't go breaking my heart
You take the weight off of me
Oh, honey, when you knocked on my door
Ooh, I gave you my key
Ooh-ooh, nobody knows it
When I was down (I was your clown)
Oo-ooh, nobody knows it (nobody knows it)
Right from the start (I gave you my heart)
Oh-oh, I gave you my heart
So don't go breaking my heart
I won't go breaking your heart
Don't go breaking my heart
Nobody told us
'Cause nobody showed us
And now it's up to us, babe
Oh, I think we can make it
So don't misunderstand me
You put the light in my life
Oh, you put the spark to the flame
I've got your heart in my sights
Ooh-ooh, nobody knows it
When I was down (I was your clown)
Ooh-ooh, nobody knows it (nobody knows it)
Right from the start (I gave you my heart)
Oh, I gave you my heart
So don't go breaking my heart
I won't go breaking your heart
Don't go breaking my heart
Ooh-ooh, nobody knows it
When I was down (I was your clown)
Right from the start (I gave you my heart)
Oh, I gave you my heart
Don't go breaking my heart
I won't go breaking your heart
Don't go breaking my, don't go breaking my-
Don't go breaking my heart
Don't go breaking my, don't go breaking my-
I won't go breaking your heart
Don't go breaking my heart (don't go breaking my-)
I won't go breaking your heart
Don't go breaking my heart (don't go breaking my-)
I won't go breaking your heart
Don't go breaking my (don't go breaking my-)
I won't go breaking your heart
Don't go breaking my heart (don't go breaking my-)
I won't go breaking your heart
Don't go breaking my heart (don't go breaking my-)
I won't go breaking your heart
Don't go breaking my heart (don't go breaking my...)
only registered users can see external links
Everything I ever had
I let it slip away
Every dream I ever dreamed
Was crossed until today
For I have seen tomorrow
Where my future lies
I see it every time
When I look into
Your beautiful eyes
Oh, I'm holding on now
I'm holding on now
Love, don't let me go
Love, please let me know
Have you been waiting
Just the way that I've been waiting
Love, don't let me go
Love, please let me show
How much I want to
Be the one who loves you now
Maybe I was too afraid
To show my broken HEART
Fading in the shadows
And my world just came apart
Looking at you now
I feel what I never felt before
But I'm finally ready
To risk it all once more
Love, don't let me go
Love, please let me know
Have you been waiting
Just the way that I've been waiting
Love, don't let me go
Love, please let me show
How much I want to
Be the one who loves you now
You can believe in taking chances
Oh...
Baby, take this one with me
Can't you see what I see
I'm holding on
Oh, love, don't let me go
Love, please let me know
Have you been waiting
Just the way that I've been waiting
Love, don't let me go
Love, please let me show
How much I want to
Be the one who loves you now
Please let me show
How much I want to
Be the one who loves you now
Mmh
Be the one who loves you now.
only registered users can see external links
Once I had a love and it was a gas
Soon turned out had a heart of glass
Seemed like the real thing, only to find
Mucho mistrust, love's gone behind
Once I had a love and it was divine
Soon found out I was losing my mind
It seemed like the real thing but I was so blind
Mucho mistrust, love's gone behind
In between
What I find is pleasing and I'm feeling fine
Love is so confusing there's no peace of mind
If I fear I'm losing you it's just no good
You teasing like you do
Once I had a love and it was a gas
Soon turned out had a heart of glass
Seemed like the real thing, only to find
Mucho mistrust, love's gone behind
Lost inside
Adorable illusion and I cannot hide
I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside
We could've made it cruising, yeah
Yeah, riding high on love's true bluish light
Once I had a love and it was a gas
[album version:] Soon turned out to be a pain in the ass
[radio version:] Soon turned out I had a heart of glass
Seemed like the real thing only to find
Mucho mistrust, love's gone behind
[radio version additional verse:]
In between
What I find is pleasing and I'm feeling fine
Love is so confusing there's no peace of mind
If I fear I'm losing you it's just no good
You teasing like you do
only registered users can see external links
I heard you calling
On the megaphone
You wanna see me all alone
As legend has it you
Are quite the pyro
You light the match to watch it blow
And if you'd never come for me
I might've drowned in the melancholy
I swore my loyalty to me, myself and I
Right before you lit my sky up
All that time
I sat alone in my tower
You were just honing your powers
Now I can see it all (see it all)
Late one night
You dug me out of my grave and
Saved my HEART from the fate of
Ophelia
Keep it one hundred
On the land, the sea, the sky
Pledge allegiance to your hands
Your team, your vibes
Don't care where the hell you been
'Cause now you're mine
It's 'bout to be the sleepless night
You've been dreaming of
The fate of Ophelia
The eldest daughter of a nobleman
Ophelia lived in fantasy
But love was a cold bed full of scorpions
The venom stole her sanity
And if you'd never come for me
I might've lingered in purgatory
You wrap around me like a chain, a crown, a vine
Pulling me into the fire
All that time
I sat alone in my tower
You were just honing your powers
Now I can see it all (see it all)
Late one night
You dug me out of my grave and
Saved my heart from the fate of
Ophelia
Keep it one hundred
On the land, the sea, the sky
Pledge allegiance to your hands
Your team, your vibes
Don't care where the hell you been
'Cause now you're mine
It's 'bout to be the sleepless night
You've been dreaming of
The fate of Ophelia
'Tis locked inside my memory
And only you possess the key
No longer drowning and deceived
All because you came for me
Locked inside my memory
And only you possess the key
No longer drowning and deceived
All because you came for me
All that time
I sat alone in my tower
You were just honing your powers
Now I can see it all (I can see it all)
Late one night
You dug me out of my grave and
Saved my heart from the fate of
Ophelia
Keep it one hundred
On the land, the sea, the sky
Pledge allegiance to your hands
Your team, your vibes
Don't care where the hell you been
'Cause now you're mine
It's 'bout to be the sleepless night
You've been dreaming of
The fate of Ophelia
You saved my heart from the fate of
Ophelia
only registered users can see external links
When I get high, I get high on speed
Top fuel funny car's a drug for me
My heart, my heart
Kickstart my heart
Always got the cops coming after me
Custom built bike doing 103
My heart, my heart
Kickstart my heart
Ooh, are you ready girls?
Ooh, are you ready now?
Whoa, yeah
Kickstart my heart, give it a start
Whoa, yeah
Baby
Whoa, yeah
Kickstart my heart, hope it never stops
Ooh, yeah
Baby, yeah
Skydive naked from an aeroplane
Or a lady with a body from outer space
My heart, my heart
Kickstart my heart
Say I got trouble, trouble in my eyes
I'm just looking for another good time
My heart, my heart
Kickstart my heart
Yeah, are you ready girls?
Yeah, are you ready now, now, now?
Whoa, yeah
Kickstart my heart, give it a start
Whoa, yeah
Baby
Whoa, yeah
Kickstart my heart, hope it never stops
Whoa, yeah
Baby
Kickstart my heart
When we started this band, all we needed
Needed was a laugh
Years gone by, I'd say we've kicked some ass
When I'm enraged or hitting the stage
Adrenaline rushing through my veins
And I'd say we're still kicking ass
I say, ooh-ah
Kickstart my heart, hope it never stops
And to think, we did all of this to rock
Whoa, yeah
Kickstart my heart, give it a start
Whoa, yeah
B-b-b-b-b-b-baby
Whoa, yeah
Kickstart my heart, hope it never stops
Whoa, yeah
Baby
Kickstart my heart, hope it never stops
Whoa, yeah
Baby
Whoa, yeah
Kickstart my heart, give it a start
Whoa, yeah
Kickstart my heart
Love hurts, love scars, love wounds
And marks, any HEART
Not tough or strong enough
To take a lot of pain, take a lot of pain
Love is like a cloud
Holds a lot of rain
Love hurts...... ooh, ooh love hurts
I'm young, I know, but even so
I know a thing or two
I learned from you
I really learned a lot, really learned a lot
Love is like a flame
It burns you when it's hot
Love hurts...... ooh, ooh love hurts
Some fools think of happiness
Blissfulness, togetherness
Some fools fool themselves I guess
They're not foolin' me
I know it isn't true, I know it isn't true
Love is just a lie
Made to make you blue
Love hurts...... ooh, ooh love hurts
Ooh, ooh love hurts
I know it isn't true, I know it isn't true
Love is just a lie
Made to make you blue
Love hurts...... ooh, ooh love hurts
Ooh, ooh love hurts
Ooh, ooh
only registered users can see external links
I know there's something in the wake of your smile
I get a notion from the look in your eyes, yeah
You've built a love but that love falls apart
Your little piece of heaven turns too dark
Listen to your heart when he's calling for you
Listen to your heart, there's nothing else you can do
I don't know where you're going and I don't know why
But listen to your heart before you tell him goodbye
Sometimes you wonder if this fight is worthwhile
The precious moments are all lost in the tide, yeah
They're swept away and nothing is what is seems
The feeling of belonging to your dreams
Listen to your heart when he's calling for you
Listen to your heart, there's nothing else you can do
I don't know where you're going and I don't know why
But listen to your heart before you tell him goodbye
And there are voices that want to be heard
So much to mention but you can't find the words
The sense of magic, the beauty that's been
When love was wilder than the wind
Listen to your heart when he's calling for you
Listen to your heart, there's nothing else you can do
I don't know where you're going and I don't know why
But listen to your heart before you tell him goodbye
Listen to your heart when he's calling for you
Listen to your heart, there's nothing else you can do
I don't know where you're going and I don't know why
But listen to your heart before you tell him goodbye
only registered users can see external links
You can tell the world you never was my girl
You can burn my clothes up when I'm gone
Or you can tell your friends just what a fool I've been
And laugh and joke about me on the phone
You can tell my arms go back to the farm
You can tell my feet to hit the floor
Or you can tell my lips to tell my fingertips
They won't be reaching out for you no more
But don't tell my heart, my achy breaky heart
I just don't think he'd understand
And if you tell my heart, my achy breaky heart
He might blow up and kill this man
Ooh
You can tell your ma I moved to Arkansas
Or you can tell your dog to bite my leg
Or tell your brother Cliff who's fist can tell my lips
He never really liked me anyway
Or tell your Aunt Louise, tell anything you please
Myself already knows I'm not okay
Or you can tell my eyes to watch out for my mind
It might be walking out on me one-day
But don't tell my heart, my achy breaky heart
I just don't think he'd understand
And if you tell my heart, my achy breaky heart
He might blow up and kill this man
Ooh
But don't tell my heart, my achy breaky heart
I just don't think he'd understand
And if you tell my heart, my achy breaky heart
He might blow up and kill this man
Don't tell my heart, my achy breaky heart
I just don't think he'd understand
And if you tell my heart, my achy breaky heart
He might blow up and kill this man
Ooh
I want to live
I want to give
I've been a miner for a HEART of gold
It's these expressions
I never give
That keep me searching for a heart of gold
And I'm getting old
Keep me searching for a HEART of gold
And I'm getting old
I've been to Hollywood
I've been to Redwood
I crossed the ocean for a HEART of gold
I've been in my mind
It's such a fine line
That keeps me searching for a HEART of gold
And I'm getting old
Keeps me searching for a HEART of gold
And I'm getting old
Keep me searching for a HEART of gold
You keep me searching and I'm growing old
Keep me searching for a HEART of gold
I've been a miner for a HEART of gold
Love hurts, love scars, love wounds
And marks, any heart
Not tough or strong enough
To take a lot of pain, take a lot of pain
Love is like a cloud
Holds a lot of rain
Love hurts...... ooh, ooh love hurts
I'm young, I know, but even so
I know a thing or two
I learned from you
I really learned a lot, really learned a lot
Love is like a flame
It burns you when it's hot
Love hurts...... ooh, ooh love hurts
Some fools think of happiness
Blissfulness, togetherness
Some fools fool themselves I guess
They're not foolin' me
I know it isn't true, I know it isn't true
Love is just a lie
Made to make you blue
Love hurts...... ooh, ooh love hurts
Ooh, ooh love hurts
I know it isn't true, I know it isn't true
Love is just a lie
Made to make you blue
Love hurts...... ooh, ooh love hurts
Ooh, ooh love hurts
Ooh, ooh
only registered users can see external links
Woman, I can hardly express
My mixed emotions at my thoughtlessness
After all, I'm forever in your debt
And woman, I will try to express
My inner feelings and thankfulness
For showing me the meaning of success
Ooh-ooh, well-well
Doo, doo, doo, doo, doo
Ooh-ooh, well-well
Doo, doo, doo, doo, doo
Woman, I know you understand
The little child inside the man
Please remember, my life is in your hands
And woman, hold me close to your heart
However distant, don't keep us apart
After all, it is written in the stars
Ooh-ooh, well-well
Doo, doo, doo, doo, doo
Ooh-ooh, well-well
Doo, doo, doo, doo, doo
woman, please let me explain
I never meant to cause you sorrow or PAIN
So let me tell you again and again and again
I love you, yeah-yeah, now and forever
I love you, yeah-yeah, now and forever
I love you, yeah-yeah, now and forever
I love you, yeah-yeah, now and forever
only registered users can see external links
HAVE YOU EVER FELT TOO HOT TO GO TO BED
TOUCHED YOURSELF INSTEAD AND WATCHED YOUR BODY TALK,
JUST LET YOUR BODY TALK
HAVE YOU EVER FELT JUST TOO HUNGRY FOR LOVE
THE MORE YOU GET YOU FIND THAT ITS JUST NOT ENOUGH ,
BUT YOU REALLY CANT
GIVE IT UP
ALL YOU PEOPLE OUT THERE
PUT YOUR HANDS UP IN THE AIR
ARE YOU FEELING YOU KNOW WHAT
OR DO YOU REALLY CARE
IF IT FEELS LIKE LOVE
THEN GIVE IT BABY THATS A RUSH
IF IT FEELS LIKE PAIN,PAIN,PAIN,PAIN
ITS REALLY JUST THE SAME
IF THE MOOD IS RUDE
THEN YOU GOT THE RIGHT ATTITUDE
AND YA BETTER GET DOWN,YOU DONT HAVE TO GET UNDRESSED
JUST BECAUSE IT FEELS LIKE SEX
HAVE YOU EVER HAD A MIND TOO DIRTY TO READ
KINKYFREAKS WHY DONT YOU GET DOWN ON YOUR KNEES,
I'M GETTING HARD TO PLEASE
HAVE YOU EVER WHIPPED LOVE AND LEFT IT TO CRY
ASK YOURSELF THE QUESTION ,
DOES THE CHERRY PIE LEAVE YOU SATISFIED
TURN OUT THE LIGHT,SO I CAN FEEL WHAT YOUR THINKING
DO YOU THINK WE¹D GET IT PASSED THE WATERSHED
LETS TAKE IT SLOW,COS YOU KNOW
I KNOW YOU KNOW, SEX IS IN YOUR HEAD
BABY I WANT YOU TO KNOW
YOURE NOT THE ONLY ONE
IM ON MY WAY TO SEXUAL HEALING
DO YOU WANNA COME?
only registered users can see external links
I wasn't just broken, I was shattered
I trusted you so much, you're all that mattered
You no longer loved me, and I sang like a sad bird
I couldn't move on, and I think you were flattered
Oh! Life's about joy, life's about PAIN
It's all about forgiving, and the will to walk away
I'm ready to be loved, and love the way I should
Life's about, life's about to get good
Oh! Life's about to get good
Oh! Life's about to get good
Oh! Life's about to get good
The longer my tears fell, the wider the river
(Did you love me, baby?)
It killed me that you'd give your life to be with her
(Did you love me, baby?)
I had to believe that things would get better
(Better, bet...)
It was time to forget you forever
Oh! Life's about joy, life's about pain
It's all about forgiving, and the will to walk away
I'm ready to be loved, and love the way I should
Life's about, life's about to get good
Oh! Life's about to get good
Oh! Life's about to get good
Oh! Life's about to get good
Oh! Life's about to get good
Oh! Life's about to get good
Oh! Life's about to get good
It took me so long to be strong
But I'm alive, and I hold on
To what I can feel, it hurts to heal
Oh, when love lies
(About to get good)
(About to get good)
(About to get... Ah)
Life's about joy (So much joy, yeah), life's about pain
It's all about forgiving, and the will to walk away
(Oh, the will to walk away)
I'm ready to be loved, and love the way I should
(I wanna be loved the way I should)
Life's about, life's about to get good
Oh! Life's about to get good
Oh! Life's about to get good (Life's about to get good)
Oh! Life's about to get good
Oh! Life's about to get good
Oh! Life's about to get good (Life's about to get good)
Oh! Life's about to get good
Oh! Life's about joy
Life's about pain
Life's about, life's about to get good
only registered users can see external links
You look good in blue
It matches your skin, your eyes dripping with pain
Someone like you
Getting off on the lies 'cause it dulls your surprise again
If it's alright with you
I could give you some head and shoulders to lie on
You look good in blue
I know what you mean when you say you've seen the end
Someone like you
Been at it again, you knew what was up in the end
If it's alright with you
I could give you some head and shoulders to lie on
Throw your weight on me baby
Don't complain on me baby
Escape in me, next to me
I'm tired, always tired and I got not place to sleep
Don't mind dividing down the line
Can't say that I'm complaining 'cause I got no place to play, yeah
Don't mind dividing down the line
You look good in blue
It matches your skin, your eyes dripping with pain
If it's alright with you
I could give you some head and shoulders to lie on
Yes, I could give you some head and shoulders to lie on
only registered users can see external links
Ho-hoo-ho, ho-ho ho
Ho ho ho-hoo-ho, ho-ho ho ho
If we're so much the same like I always hear
Why such different fortunes and fates?
Some of us live in a cloud of fear
Some live behind iron gates
Why such different fortunes and fates?
Some are blessed and some are cursed
Some live behind iron gates
While others only see the worst
Some are blessed and some are cursed
The golden one or scarred from birth
While others only see the worst
Such a lot of PAIN on the Earth
The golden one or scarred from birth
Some things can never be changed
Such a lot of PAIN on this Earth
It's somehow so badly arranged
Some things can never be changed
Some reasons will never come clear
It's somehow so badly arranged
If we're so much the same like I always hear
Some are blessed and some are cursed
The golden one or scarred from birth
While others only see the worst
Such a lot of PAIN on the Earth
Some are blessed and some are cursed
The golden one or scarred from birth
While others only see the worst
Such a lot of PAIN on the Earth
Such a lot of PAIN on the Earth
Some are blessed and some are cursed
The golden one or scarred from birth
While others only see the worst
Such a lot of PAIN on the Earth
Some are blessed and some are cursed
The golden one or scarred from birth
While others only see the worst
Such a lot of PAIN on the Earth
Such a lot of PAIN
Such a lot of PAIN
Such a lot of PAIN on the Earth
only registered users can see external links
There's a little black spot on the sun today
It's the same old thing as yesterday
There's a black hat caught in a high tree top
There's a flag pole rag and the wind won't stop
I have stood here before inside the pouring rain
With the world turning circles running 'round my brain
I guess I'm always hoping that you'll end this reign
But it's my destiny to be the king of pain
There's a little black spot on the sun today
(That's my soul up there)
It's the same old thing as yesterday
(That's my soul up there)
There's a black hat caught in a high tree top
(That's my soul up there)
There's a flag pole rag and the wind won't stop
(That's my soul up there)
I have stood here before inside the pouring rain
With the world turning circles running 'round my brain
I guess I'm always hoping that you'll end this reign
But it's my destiny to be the king of pain
There's a fossil that's trapped in a high cliff wall
(That's my soul up there)
There's a dead salmon frozen in a waterfall
(That's my soul up there)
There's a blue whale beached by a springtime's ebb
(That's my soul up there)
There's a butterfly trapped in a spider's web
(That's my soul up there)
I've stood here before inside the pouring rain
With the world turning circles running 'round my brain
I guess I'm always hoping that you'll end this reign
But it's my destiny to be the king of pain
There's a king on a throne with his eyes torn out
There's a blind man looking for a shadow of doubt
There's a rich man sleeping on a golden bed
There's a skeleton choking on a crust of bread
King of pain
There's a red fox torn by a huntsman's pack
(That's my soul up there)
There's a black-winged gull with a broken back
(That's my soul up there)
There's a little black spot on the sun today
It's the same old thing as yesterday
I've stood here before inside the pouring rain
With the world turning circles running 'round my brain
I guess I'm always hoping that you'll end this reign
But it's my destiny to be the king of pain
King of pain
King of pain
King of pain
I'll always be king of pain
I'll always be king of pain
I'll always be king of pain
I'll always be king of pain
I'll always be king of pain
I'll always be king of pain
I'll always be king of pain
City girls just seem to find out early
How to open doors with just a smile
A rich old man and she won't have to worry
She'll dress up all in lace and go in style
Late at night, a big, old house gets lonely
I guess every form of refuge has its price
And it breaks her heart to think her love is only
Given to a man with hands as cold as ice
So she tells him she must go out for the evening
To comfort an old friend who's feelin' down
But he knows where she's goin' as she's leavin'
She is headed for the cheatin' side of town
You can't hide your lyin' eyes
And your smile is a thin disguise
I thought by now you'd realize
There ain't no way to hide your lying eyes
On the other side of town, a boy is waiting
With fiery eyes and dreams no one could steal
She drives on through the night anticipating
'Cause he makes her feel the way she used to feel
She rushes to his arms, they fall together
She whispers that it's only for a while
She swears that, soon, she'll be comin' back forever
She pulls away and leaves him with a smile
You can't hide your lyin' eyes
And your smile is a thin disguise
I thought by now you'd realize
There ain't no way to hide your lyin' eyes
She gets up and pours herself a strong one
And stares out at the stars up in the sky
Another night, it's gonna be a long one
She draws the shade and hangs her head to cry
She wonders how it ever got this crazy
She thinks about a boy she knew in school
Did she get tired, or did she just get lazy?
She's so far gone, she feels just like a fool
My, oh my, you sure know how to arrange things
You set it up so well, so carefully
Ain't it funny how your new life didn't change things?
You're still the same old girl you used to be
You can't hide your lying eyes
And your smile is a thin disguise
I thought by now you'd realize
There ain't no way to hide your lyin' eyes
There ain't no way to hide your lyin' eyes
Honey, you can't hide your lyin' eyes
When I was a young boy
Said put away those young boy ways
Now that I'm gettin' older
So much older
I long for those young boy days
With a GIRL like you
With a GIRL like you
Lord knows there are things we can do, baby
Just me and you
Come on and make it hurt
Hurt so good
Come on baby, make it hurt so good
Sometimes love don't feel like it should
You make it hurt so good
Don't have to be so exciting
Just tryin' to give myself
A little bit of fun, yeah
You always look so invitin'
You ain't as green as you are young
Hey baby, its you
Come on, GIRL, now, its you
Sink your teeth right through my bones, baby
Let's see what we can do
Come on and make it hurt
Hurt so good
Come on baby, make it hurt so good
Sometimes love don't feel like it should
You make it hurt so good
I ain't talkin' no big deals
I ain't made no plans myself
I ain't talkin' no high heels
Maybe we could walk around
All day long
Walk around
All day long
Hurt so good
Come on baby, make it hurt so good
Sometimes love don't feel like it should
You make it hurt so good
Hurt so good
Come on baby, now
Come on baby, make it hurt so good
Sometimes love don't feel like it should
You make it hurt so good
Hey, hey
only registered users can see external links
I'm nothing special, in fact I'm a bit of a bore
If I tell a joke, you've probably heard it before
But I have a talent, a wonderful thing
'Cause everyone listens when I start to sing
I'm so grateful and proud
All I want is to sing it out loud
So I say
Thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing
Thanks for all the joy they're bringing
Who can live without it, I ask in all honesty
What would life be?
Without a song or a dance what are we?
So I say thank you for the music
For giving it to me
Mother says I was a dancer before I could walk
She says I began to sing long before I could talk
And I've often wondered, how did it all start?
Who found out that nothing can capture a heart
Like a melody can?
Well, whoever it was, I'm a fan
So I say
Thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing
Thanks for all the joy they're bringing
Who can live without it, I ask in all honesty
What would life be?
Without a song or a dance what are we?
So I say thank you for the music
For giving it to me
I've been so lucky, I am the GIRL with golden hair
I wanna sing it out to everybody
What a joy, what a life, what a chance!
Thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing
Thanks for all the joy they're bringing
Who can live without it, I ask in all honesty
What would life be?
Without a song or a dance what are we?
So I say thank you for the music
For giving it to me
So I say thank you for the music
For giving it to me
only registered users can see external links
Is there anybody going to listen to my story
All about the GIRL who came to stay?
She's the kind of girl
You want so much, it makes you sorry
Still you don't regret a single day
Ah, girl, girl
When I think of all the times
I tried so hard to leave her
She will turn to me and start to cry
And she promises the earth to me
And I believe her
After all this time I don't know why
Ah, girl, girl
She's the kind of girl who puts you down
When friends are there
You feel a fool
When you say she's looking good
She acts as if it's understood
She's cool, ooh, ooh, ooh
Girl, girl, girl
Was she told when she was young
That pain would lead to pleasure?
Did she understand it when they said
That a man must break his back
To earn his day of leisure?
Will she still believe it when he's dead?
Ah, girl, girl, girl
Ah, girl, girl
only registered users can see external links
Some GIRLS want to play with you
Doing things that they really can't do
They think that love is a game to play
They oughta know that I get my way.
They look at you with starry eyes
Very soon they all realize
Play with fire and your fingers burn
I wanna tell them, they never learn.
I won't let you go, no no no
I'll never let go, oh baby you know
There's a special kind of love
There's something magic when we touch.
I won't let you go, no no no
I'll never let go, I just couldn't hide
All the love I feel inside
I want you with me, by my side,
By my side.
I never dreamed I would stay with you
Just one look, and I knew you were true
One more day and I woke up to find
I couldn't think, you were on my mind.
I can't believe those other guys
Hanging round with that look in their eyes
They'll never know what I get from you
I wanna tell them, I never do.
I won't let you go, no no no
I'll never let go, oh baby you know
There's a special kind of love
There's something magic when we touch.
I won't let you go, no no no
I'll never let go, I just couldn't hide
All the love I feel inside
I want you with me, by my side,
By my side, by my side, by my side.
Play with fire and your fingers burn
I wanna tell them, they never learn.
I won't let you go, no no no
I'll never let go, oh baby you know
There's a special kind of love
There's something magic when we touch.
I won't let you go, no no no
I'll never let go, I just couldn't hide
All the love I feel inside
I want you with me, by my side
I won't let you go....
only registered users can see external links
GIRL, you really got me going
You got me so I don't know what I'm doing
Yeah, you really got me now
You got me so I can't sleep at night
Yeah, you really got me now
You got me so I don't know what I'm doing, now
Oh, yeah, you really got me now
You got me so I can't sleep at night
You really got me
You really got me
You really got me
See, don't ever set me free
I always wanna be by your side
GIRL, you really got me now
You got me so I can't sleep at night
Yeah, you really got me now
You got me so I don't know what I'm doing, now
Oh, yeah, you really got me now
You got me so I can't sleep at night
You really got me
You really got me
You really got me
(Fuck off!) Oh, no!
See, don't ever set me free
I always wanna be by your side
GIRL, you really got me now
You got me so I can't sleep at night
Yeah, you really got me now
You got me so I don't know what I'm doing, now
Oh, yeah, you really got me now
You got me so I can't sleep at night
You really got me
You really got me
You really got me
only registered users can see external links
Take this pink ribbon off my eyes
I'm exposed, and it's no big surprise
Don't you think I know exactly where I stand?
This world is forcing me to hold your hand
'Cause I'm just a girl, oh, little old me
Well, don't let me out of your sight
Oh, I'm just a girl, all pretty and petite
So don't let me have any rights
Oh, I've had it up to here
The moment that I step outside
So many reasons for me to run and hide
I can't do the little things I hold so dear
'Cause it's all those little things that I fear
'Cause I'm just a girl, I'd rather not be
'Cause they won't let me drive late at night
Oh, I'm just a girl, guess I'm some kind of freak
'Cause they all sit and stare with their eyes
Oh, I'm just a girl, take a good look at me
Just your typical prototype
Oh, I've had it up to here
Oh, am I making myself clear?
I'm just a girl
I'm just a girl in the world
That's all that you'll let me be
Oh, I'm just a girl, living in captivity
Your rule of thumb makes me worrisome
Oh, I'm just a girl, what's my destiny?
What I've succumbed to is making me numb
Oh, I'm just a girl, my apologies
What I've become is so burdensome
Oh, I'm just a girl, lucky me
Twiddle-dum, there's no comparison
Oh, I've had it up to
Oh, I've had it up to
Oh, I've had it up to here
only registered users can see external links
I know a girl from a lonely street
Cold as ice cream but still as sweet
Dry your eyes Sunday girl
Hey, I saw your guy with a different girl
Looks like he's in another world
Run and hide Sunday girl
Hurry up, hurry up and wait
I stay away all week and still I wait
I got the blues, please come see
What your loving means to me
She can't catch up with the working crowd
The weekend mood and she's feeling proud
Live in dreams Sunday girl
Baby, I would like to go out tonight
If I go with you my folks'll get uptight
Stay at home Sunday girl
Hey, I saw your guy with a different girl
Looks like he's in another world
Run and hide Sunday girl
When I saw you again in the summertime
If your love was as sweet as mine
I could be Sunday's girl
Hurry up, hurry up and wait
I stay away all week and still I wait
I got the blues, please come see
What your loving means to me
Hurry up
Hurry up, hurry up and wait
I got the blues
Please
Please
Please come see what you do to me
I got the blues
Hurry up
Hurry up, hurry up and wait
Hurry up
Please come see what you do to me
The Troggs
I want to spend my life with a girl like you
Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba, ba-ba-ba-ba
And do all the things that you want me to
Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba, ba-ba-ba-ba
'Til that time has come that we might live as one
Can I dance with you?
Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba, ba-ba-ba-ba
Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba, ba-ba-ba-ba
I tell by the way you dress that you're so refined
Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba, ba-ba-ba-ba
And by the way you talk that you're just my kind
Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba, ba-ba-ba-ba
Girl, why should it be that you don't notice me?
Can I dance with you?
Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba, ba-ba-ba-ba
Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba, ba-ba-ba-ba
Baby, baby, is there no chance
I can take you for the last dance?
All night long, yeah, I've been waiting
Now there'll be no hesitating
So, before this dance has reached the end
Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba, ba-ba-ba-ba
To you across the floor, my love I'll send
Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba, ba-ba-ba-ba
I just hope and pray that I'll find a way to say
Can I dance with you?
Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba, ba-ba-ba-ba
Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba...
Hey, where did we go
Days when the rains came?
Down in the hollow
Playing a new game
Laughing and a-running, hey, hey
Skipping and a-jumping
In the misty morning fog with
Our, our hearts a-thumping
And you, my brown-eyed girl
You, my brown-eyed girl
Whatever happened
To Tuesday and so slow
Going down the old mine with a
Transistor radio
Standing in the sunlight laughing
Hide behind a rainbow's wall
Slipping and a-sliding
All along the waterfall
With you, my brown-eyed girl
You, my brown-eyed girl
Do you remember when we used to sing
Sha la la la la la la la la la la dee dah
Just like that
Sha la la la la la la la la la la dee dah
La dee dah
So hard to find my way
Now that I'm all on my own
I saw you just the other day
My, how you have grown!
Cast my memory back there, Lord
Sometime I'm overcome thinking about
Making love in the green grass
Behind the stadium
With you, my brown-eyed girl
You, my brown-eyed girl
Do you remember when we used to sing
Sha la la la la la la la la la la dee dah
Laying in the green grass
Sha la la la la la la la la la la dee dah
Dee dah dee dah dee dah dee dah dee dah dee
Sha la la la la la la la la la la la la
Dee dah la dee dah la dee dah la
D-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d
You'd think that people would have had enough of silly love songs
But I look around me
And I see it isn't so
Some people want to fill the world
With silly love songs
And what's wrong with that?
I'd like to know
Cos here I go again
I love you, I love you
I love you, I love you
Ah, I can't explain
The feeling's plain to me
Now can't you see?
Ah, she gave me more
She gave it all to me
Now can't you see?
What's wrong with that?
I need to know
Cos here I go again
I love you, I love you
Love doesn't come in a minute
Sometimes it doesn't come at all
I only know that when I'm in it
It isn't silly, no, it isn't silly
Love isn't silly at all
How can I tell you about my loved one?
How can I tell you about my loved one?
How can I tell you about my loved one?
How can I tell you about my loved one?
I love you, I love you
I love you, I love you
Ah, I can't explain
The feeling's plain to me
Say, can't you see?
Ah, he gave me more
He gave it all to me
Say, can't you see?
Ah, I can't explain
The feeling's plain to me
Say, can't you see?
Ah, he gave me more
He gave it all to me
Say, can't you see?
Ah, I can't explain
The feeling's plain to me
Say, can't you see?
Ah, he gave me more
He gave it all to me
Say, can't you see?
You'd think that people would have had enough of silly love songs
But I look around me and I see it isn't so, oh no,
Some people want to fill the world
With silly love songs
And what's wrong with that?
We skipped the light fandango
Turned cartwheels 'cross the floor
I was feeling kind of seasick
But the crowd called out for more
The room was humming harder
As the ceiling flew away
When we called out for another drink
The waiter brought a tray
And so it was that later
As the miller told his tale
That her face, at first just ghostly
Turned a whiter shade of pale
She said, "There is no reason
And the truth is PLAIN to see"
But I wandered through my playing cards
And would not let her be
One of sixteen vestal virgins
Who were leaving for the coast
And although my eyes were open
They might just as well have been closed
And so it was that later
As the miller told his tale
That her face, at first just ghostly
Turned a whiter shade of pale
And so it was that later
As the miller told his tale...
only registered users can see external links
O beautiful for spacious skies
For amber waves of grain
For purple mountain majesties
Above thy fruited PLAIN
America, America
God shed His grace on thee
And crown thy good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea
For beautiful for spacious skies
For amber waves of grain
For purple mountain majesties
Above the fruited plain
America, America!
God shed His grace on thee
And crowned thy good, with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea
America, America!
God shed his grace on thee
And crown thy good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea!
only registered users can see external links
She says
?I don't want nobody else, I love you?
She's lying
?There won't be somebody else and that's true?
She's lying
?Say you'll always be my friend, sweet darling?
Why does she pretend?
Ain't no doubt, it' PLAIN to see
A woman like you's no good for me
Your heart beating at another door
I'm a damned fool for to ask for more
She says, ?It's like in a song, remember
If you love someone, set them free?
Well, that's how it is for me and then she kisses me
And somewhere I hear a door slam, so I say, ?Fine?
And just hope that I'm a better liar than she is
She says
?I don't want nobody else, I love you?
She's lying
?There won't be somebody else and that's true?
She's lying
?Say you'll always be my friend, sweet darling?
Why does she pretend?
Ain't no doubt, it' plain to see
A woman like you's no good for me
Your heart beating at another door
I'm a damned fool for to ask for more
Ain't no doubt, it' plain to see
A woman like you's no good for me
Your heart beating at another door
I'm a damned fool for to ask for more
?I don't want nobody else, I love you?
She's lying
?There won't be somebody else and that's true?
She's lying
?Say you'll always be my friend, sweet darling?
Why does she pretend?
Ain't no doubt, it' plain to see
A woman like you's no good for me
Your heart beating at another door
I'm a damned fool for to ask for more
Ain't no doubt, it' plain to see
A woman like you's no good for me
Your heart beating at another door
I'm a damned fool for to ask for more
Ain't no doubt, it' plain to see
A woman like you's no good for me
Your heart beating at another door
I'm a damned fool for to ask for more
only registered users can see external links
And if she asks you why you can tell her that I told you
That I'm tired of Castles in the Air
I've got a dream I want the world to share an' castle walls
Just leave me to despair
Hills of forest green where the mountains touch the sky
A dream come true, I'll live there 'til I die
I'm asking you, to say my last goodbye
The love we knew, ain't worth another try
Save me from all the trouble and the pain
I know I'm weak but I can't face that girl again
Tell her the reasons why I can't remain
Perhaps she'll understand if you tell it to her PLAIN
Oh, but how can words express the feel of sunlight
In the morning in the hills away from city strife
I need a country woman for my wife
I'm city born but I love the country life
For I will not be part of her Cocktail-Generation Partner's Waltz,
Devoid of all romance
The music plays and everyone must dance
I'm bowing out, I need a second chance
Save me from all the trouble and the pain
I know I'm weak but I can't face that girl again
Tell her the reasons why I can't remain
Perhaps she'll understand if you tell it to her plain
And if she asks you why you can tell her that I told you
That I'm tired of Castles in the Air
I've got a dream I want the world to share an' castle walls
Just lead me to despair
only registered users can see external links
I'll start this off
Without any words
I got so high
I scratched 'till I bled
I love myself
Better than you
I know it's wrong
So what should I do?
The finest day
That I've ever had
Was when I learned
To cry on command
I love myself
Better than you
I know it's wrong
So what should I do?
I'm on a plain
I can't complain
I'm on a plain
My mother died
Every night
It's safe to say
Quote me on that
I love myself
Better than you
I know it's wrong
So what should I do?
The black sheep got
Blackmailed again
Forgot to put
On the zip code
I love myself
Better than you
I know it's wrong
So what should I do?
I'm on a plain
I can't complain
I'm on a plain
Somewhere I have heard this before
In a dream my memory has stored
As a defense I'm neutered and spayed
What the hell am I trying to say?
It is now time
To make it unclear
To write off lines
That don't make sense
I love myself
Better than you
I know it's wrong
So what should I do?
And one more special
Message to go
And then I'm done
And I can go home
I love myself
Better than you
I know it's wrong
So what should I do?
I'm on a plain
I can't complain
I'm on a plain
I can't complain
I'm on a plain
I can't complain
I'm on a plain
I can't complain
I'm on a plain
Neil Young
I could live inside a tepee
I could die in penthouse thirty-five
You could lose me on the freeway
But I would still make it back alive
As long as we can sail away
As long as we can sail away
There'll be wind in the canyon
Moon on the rise
As long as we can sail away
See the losers in the best bars
Meet the winners in the dives
Where the people are the real stars
All the rest of their lives
As long as we can sail away
As long as we can sail away
There'll be wind in the canyon
Moon on the rise
As long as we can sail away
There's a road
Stretched out between us
Like a ribbon on the high plain
Down from Phoenix through Salinas
Around the bend and back again
As long as we can sail away
As long as we can sail away
There'll be wind in the canyon
Moon on the rise
As long as we can sail away
As long as we can sail away
As long as we can sail away
Twenty-twenty-twenty four hours to go
I wanna be sedated
Nothin' to do and nowhere to go
I wanna be sedated
Just get me to the airport
Put me on a plane
Hurry hurry hurry before I go insane
I can't control my fingers
I can't control my brain
Oh no no no no no
Twenty-twenty-twenty four hours to go
I wanna be sedated
Nothin' to do and nowhere to go
I wanna be sedated
Just put me in a wheelchair
Get me on a plane
Hurry hurry hurry before I go insane
I can't control my fingers
I can't control my brain
Oh no no no no no
Twenty-twenty-twenty four hours to go
I wanna be sedated
Nothin' to do and nowhere to go
I wanna be sedated
Just put me in a wheelchair
Get me to the show
Hurry hurry hurry before I go loco
I can't control my fingers
I can't control my toes
Oh no no no no no
Twenty-twenty-twenty four hours to go
I wanna be sedated
Nothin' to do, nowhere to go
I wanna be sedated
Just put me in a wheelchair
Get me to the show
Hurry hurry hurry before I go loco
I can't control my fingers
I can't control my toes
Oh no no no no no
I wanna be sedated
I wanna be sedated
I wanna be sedated
I wanna be sedated
only registered users can see external links
In the early morning rain
With a dollar in my hand
With an achin' in my heart
And my pockets full of sand
I'm a long way from home
And I miss my loved ones so
In the early morning rain
With no place to go
Out on runway number nine
Big 707 set to go
But I'm stuck here in the grass
Where the cold wind blows
Now, the liquor tasted good
And the women all were fast
Well, there she goes my friend
Well, she's rollin' down at last
Hear the mighty engines roar
See the silver bird on high
She's away and westward bound
Far above the cloud, she'll fly
Where the mornin' rain don't fall
And the sun always shines
She'll be flyin' o'er my home
In about three hours time
This old airport's got me down
It's no earthly good to me
'Cause I'm stuck here on the ground
As cold and drunk as I can be
You can't jump a jet plane
Like you can a freight train
So, I'd best be on the way
In the early morning rain
You can't jump a jet PLANE
Like you can a freight train
So, I'd best be on the way
In the early morning rain
only registered users can see external links
Achtung!
Jetzt wir singen zusammen die Geschichte
Über den schweinköpfigen Hund
Und den lieben Red Baron
After the turn of the century
In the clear blue skies over Germany
Came a roar and a thunder men have never heard
Like the scream and the sound of a big war bird
Eins, zwei, drei, vier ....
Up in the sky, a man in a PLANE
Baron von Richthofen was his name
Eighty men tried and eighty men died
Now they're buried together on the countryside
Ten, twenty, thirty, forty, fifty or more
The Bloody Red Baron was rollin' out the score
Eighty men died tryin' to end that spree
Of the Bloody Red Baron of Germany
Left, two, three, four ....
In the nick of time, a hero arose
A funny-lookin' dog with a big black nose
He flew into the sky to seek revenge
But the Baron shot him down "Curses, foiled again!"
Ten, twenty, thirty, forty, fifty or more
The Bloody Red Baron was rollin' out the score
Eighty men died tryin' to end that spree
Of the Bloody Red Baron of Germany
Now, Snoopy had sworn that he'd get that man
So he asked the Great Pumpkin for a new battle plan
He challenged the German to a real dogfight
While the Baron was laughing, he got him in his sight
That Bloody Red Baron was in a fix
He'd tried everything, but he'd run out of tricks
Snoopy fired once and he fired twice
And that Bloody Red Baron went spinning out of sight
Ten, twenty, thirty, forty, fifty or more
The Bloody Red Baron was rollin' out the score
Eighty men died tryin' to end that spree
Of the Bloody Red Baron of Germany
Well, ten, twenty ....
only registered users can see external links
6 o'clock in the morning & I'm the last person in this PLANE still awake,
Y'know I can almost smell the blood washing against the shores,
Of this land that can't forget its past.
Oh the wind that carries this plane, is the wind of change,
heaven sent and hell bent!
over the mountain tops we go, just like all the other GI Joes
EE-AY-EE-AY - adios!
This is your captain calling - "with an urgent warning"
We're above the Gulf of Arabia - "our altitude is falling"
& I can't hold her up - "there's no time for thinking"
All hands on deck - "this bird is sinking"
Across the beaches and cranes, rivers and trains
all the money I've made - bodies I've maimed.
Time was when I seemed to know,
Just like any other GI Joe
Should I cry like a baby, or die like a man
While all the planets like wars start joining hands,
Oh what a heaven - what a hell!!
Y'know there's nothing can be done in the whole wide world.
I don't know whats wrong or right,
I'm just a regular guy, with bottled up insides,
I ain't ever been to church or believed in Jesus Christ
but I'm praying that Gods with you when you die!!!
I've just closed my eyes again
Climbed aboard the dream weaver train
Driver, take away my worries of today
And leave tomorrow behind
Ooh, dream weaver
I believe you can get me through the night
Ooh, dream weaver
I believe we can reach the morning light
Fly me high through the starry skies
Maybe to an astral PLANE
Cross the highways of fantasy
Help me to forget today's pain
Ooh, dream weaver
I believe you can get me through the night
Ooh, dream weaver
I believe we can reach the morning light
Though the dawn may be coming soon
There still may be some time
Fly me away to the bright side of the moon
And meet me on the other side
Ooh, dream weaver
I believe you can get me through the night
Ooh, dream weaver
I believe we can reach the morning light
Dream weaver
Dream weaver
only registered users can see external links
All my bags are packed
Ready to go
I'm standin' here outside your door
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye
But the dawn is breakin'
It's early morn
The taxi's waitin'
He's blowin' his horn
Already I'm so lonesome
I could die
So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you'll wait for me
Hold me like you'll never let me go
'Cause I'm leavin' on a jet PLANE
Don't know when I'll be back again
Oh babe, I hate to go
There's so many times I've let you down
So many times I've played around
And I tell you now, they don't mean a thing
Every place I go, I'll think of you
Every song I sing, I'll sing for you
When I come back, I'll bring your wedding ring
So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you'll wait for me
Hold me like you'll never let me go
'Cause I'm leavin' on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again
Oh babe, I hate to go
Now the time has come to leave you
One more time
Let me kiss you
close your eyes
I'll be on my way
Dream about days to come
When I won't have to leave alone
About the times, I won't have to say
Oh, kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you'll wait for me
Hold me like you'll never let me go
'Cause I'm leavin' on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again
Oh babe, I hate to go
But, I'm leavin' on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again
Oh babe, I hate to go
only registered users can see external links
Spent my days with a woman unkind
Smoked my stuff and drank all my wine
Made up my mind to make a new start
Going to California with an aching in my heart
Someone told me there's a girl out there
With love in her eyes and flowers in her hair
Took my chances on a big jet PLANE
Never let 'em tell you that they're all the same
The sea was red and the sky was grey
Wondered how tomorrow could ever follow today
The mountains and the canyons start to tremble and shake
As the children of the sun began to awake (watch out)
Seems that the wrath of the gods
Got a punch on the nose, and it started to flow
I think I might be sinking
Throw me a line, if I reach it in time
I'll meet you up there where the path runs straight and high
To find a queen without a king
They say she plays guitar and cries and sings
La la la la
Ride a white mare in the footsteps of dawn
Trying to find a woman who's never, never, never been born
Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Telling myself it's not as hard, hard, hard as it seems
John Williamson
I was offered a ride with Sundown to Malapunya Springs
Out across the bloodwoods and droughts and things
Why they call him Sundown I didn't know
Free ride in a plane and somewhere to go
Over some stations I've never seen
Big cattle country in between
We found the lost city and we flew around
But Sundown had business back on the ground
Big swirling dust way down below
Our destination, down we go
No tuberculosis but that's the job
Here comes Sundown to test the mob
How you going old mate, how'd you be?
Stir up the coals and we'll have some tea
What's in those camp ovens, come on Jack
We'll knock this mob over and we'll be back
Cattle and saddle and stockmen work hard
Cornered by horned you straddle the yard
The last bloody steer was as wild as the first
Come on Sundown I'm dying of thirst
I was offered a ride with Sundown to Malapunya Springs
Out across the bloodwoods and droughts and things
Why they call him Sundown here's the tip
It was bloody near dark when we found the strip
Yeah why they call him Sundown now I know
Free ride in a plane and somewhere to go
When are you gonna come down?
When are you going to land?
I should have stayed on the farm
I should have listened to my old man
You know you can't hold me forever
I didn't sign up with you
I'm not a present for your friends to open
This boy's too young to be singing the blues
Ah, ah-ah, ah-ah
Ah-ah-ah, ah
So goodbye yellow brick road
Where the dogs of society howl
You can't plant me in your penthouse
I'm going back to my plough
Back to the howling old owl in the woods
Hunting the horny-back toad
Oh, I've finally decided my future lies
Beyond the yellow brick road
Ah, ah-ah, ah-ah
Ah-ah-ah, ah
What do you think you'll do, then?
I bet they'll shoot down the plane
It'll take you a couple of vodka and tonics
To set you on your feet again
Maybe you'll get a replacement
There's plenty like me to be found
Mongrels who ain't got a penny
Sniffing for tidbits like you on the ground
Ah, ah-ah, ah-ah
Ah-ah-ah, ah
So goodbye yellow brick road
Where the dogs of society howl
You can't plant me in your penthouse
I'm going back to my plough
Back to the howling old owl in the woods
Hunting the horny-back toad
Oh, I've finally decided my future lies
Beyond the yellow brick road
Ah, ah-ah, ah-ah
Ah-ah-ah, ah
New Comment Go to top