The other day, I posted something in another thread where I asked members what was the first word that popped into their head when they saw/heard the word "cheap"?
My first response was from
Whoknows and his reply was "perfume". That phrase, cheap perfume, made me instantly think of Journey's DON'T STOP BELIEVING. The post went in a different direction from what I planned but it was so much fun! Example, there were other responses to the word "cheap" that included shoddy, floozy and several more and
huxley999 was able to cite songs with those words in them!
Let's pick a RANDOM word and see if a song comes to mind. My guess is not every word will trigger a song to pop into our heads, but who knows. If you would kindly post a few lines of the song that reflects "the word", the name of the song and the artist and if you like, a YouTube link to the song. PLEASE ATTACH YOUR SONG TO THE PARTICULAR "WORD OF THE DAY".
Let's have some musical fun!
only registered users can see external links
It's not unusual to be loved by ANYONE
It's not unusual to have fun with anyone
But when I see you hanging about with anyone
It's not unusual to see me cry
I wanna die
It's not unusual to go out at any time
But when I see you out and about it's such a crime
If you should ever wanna be loved by anyone
It's not unusual
It happens every day
No matter what you say
You'll find it happens all the time
Love will never do what you want it to
Why can't this crazy love be mine?
It's not unusual to be mad with anyone
It's not unusual to be sad with anyone
But if I ever find that you've changed at any time
It's not unusual to find out I'm in love with you
Whoa-whoa, oh, oh, oh, oh
Whoa-whoa, oh-ohh
Whoa-whoa, oh-oh-oh-oh, whoa
Whoa-whoa, whoa-whoa
only registered users can see external links
ANYONE who ever loved could look at me
And know that I love you
Anyone who ever dreamed could look at me
And know I dream of you
Knowing I love you so
Anyone who had a heart
Would take me in his arms and love me too
Who couldn't be another heart that hurt me?
Like you hurt me and be so untrue
What am I to do?
Every time you go away I always say
This time it's goodbye, dear
Loving you the way I do I take you back
Without you I'd die, dear
Knowing I love you so
Anyone who had a heart
Would take me in his arms and love me too
Who couldn't be another heart that hurt me?
Like you hurt me and be so untrue
What am I to do?
Knowing I love you so
Anyone who had a heart
Would take me in his arms and love me too
Who couldn't be another heart that hurt me?
Like you hurt me and be so untrue
Anyone who had a heart would love me too
Anyone who had a heart would simply take me
In his arms and always love me, why won't you?
Yeah, anyone who had a heart would love me too
Anyone who had a heart would simply take me
In his arms and always love me, why won't you?
only registered users can see external links
My love must be a kind of blind love
I can't see ANYONE but you
Are the stars out tonight?
I don't know if it's cloudy or bright
I only have eyes for you, dear
The moon may be high
But I can't see a thing in the sky
'Cause I only have eyes for you
I don't know if we're in a garden
Or on a crowded avenue
You are here, so am I
Maybe millions of people go by
But they all disappear from view
And I only have eyes for you
The moon may be high
But I can't see a thing in the sky
'Cause I only have eyes for you
You are here, so am I
Maybe millions of people go by
But they all disappear from view
I don't know if we're in a garden
Or on a crowded avenue
You are here, so am I
Maybe millions of people go by
But they all disappear from view
And I only have eyes for you
We walked the loneliest mile
We smiled without any style
We kiss altogether wrong
No intention
We lied about each other's drinks
We lived without each other thinking
What anyone would do
Without me and you
It's like I told you
Only the lonely can play
So hold on, here we go
Hold on to nothing we know
I feel so lonely
Way up here
You mention the time we were together
So long ago
Well, I don't remember
All I know is that it makes me feel good now
It's like I told you
Only the lonely can play
Only the lonely
Only the lonely can play
Only the lonely
Only the lonely can play
It's like I told you
Only the lonely can play
Only the lonely
Only the lonely can play
only registered users can see external links
I call you when I need you, my heart's on fire
You come to me, come to me wild and wild
When you come to me
Give me everything I need
Give me a lifetime of promises and a world of dreams
Speak a language of love like you know what it means
Mmm, and it can't be wrong
Take my heart and make it strong, baby
You're simply the best
Better than all the rest
Better than ANYONE
Anyone I've ever met
I'm stuck on your heart
I hang on every word you say
Tear us apart
Baby, I would rather be dead
In your heart, I see the star of every night and every day
In your eyes, I get lost, I get washed away
Just as long as I'm here in your arms
I could be in no better place
You're simply the best
Better than all the rest
Better than anyone
Anyone I've ever met
Ooh, I'm stuck on your heart
I hang on every word you say
Don't tear us apart, no, no, no
Baby, I would rather be dead
Each time you leave me, I start losing control
You're walking away with my heart and my soul
I can feel you even when I'm alone
Oh baby, don't let go
Ooh, you're the best, ooh
Better than all the rest
Better than anyone
Anyone I've ever met
Ooh, I'm stuck on your heart
I hang on every word you say
Don't tear us apart, no, no
Baby, I would rather be dead
You're the best
Ooh, you're simply the best
Better than all the rest
Better than anyone
Anyone I've ever met
I'm stuck on your heart, baby
I hang on every word you say
Don't tear us apart, no, no, no
Baby, I would rather be dead
Oh, you're the best
You're better than all the rest
Better than anyone
Anyone I've ever met
Ooh, you're the best
only registered users can see external links
A place without a name
Under a burning sky
There's no milk and honey here
In the land of God
Someone holds a sign
It says we are human, too
And while the sun goes down
The world goes by
White dove
Fly with the wind
Take our hope under your wings
For the world to know
That hope will not die
Where the children cry
Waves, big like a house
They're stranded on a piece of wood
To leave it all behind
To start again
But instead of a new life
All they find is a door that's closed
And they keep looking for
A place called hope
White dove
Fly with the wind
Take our hope under your wings
For the world to know
That hope will not die
Where the children cry
Na na
Na na na na
Na na na na na na na na
Na na
Na na na na
Na na na na na
Can ANYONE tell me why (can ANYONE tell me why)
The children of the world (the children of the world)
Have to pay the price (pay ANYONE price)
And now your telling me
You've seen it all before
I know that's right but still
It breaks my heart
Well, the golden lamb we sent
Makes us feel better now
But you know it's just a drop
In a sea of tears
White dove
Fly with the wind
Take our hope under your wings
For the world to know
That hope will not die
Where the children cry
White dove
Fly with the wind
Take our hope under your wings
For the world to know
That hope will not die
Where the children cry
Na na
Na na na na
Na na na na na na na na
Na na
Na na na na
Na na na na na
Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide
No escape from reality
Open your eyes
Look up to the skies and see
I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy
Because I'm easy come, easy go
Little high, little low
Any way the wind blows
Doesn't really matter to me, to me
Mama, just killed a man
Put a gun against his head
Pulled my trigger, now he's dead
Mama, life had just begun
But now I've gone and thrown it all away
Mama, ooh
Didn't mean to make you cry
If I'm not back again this time tomorrow
Carry on, carry on as if nothing really matters
Too late, my time has come
Sends shivers down my spine
Body's aching all the time
Goodbye, everybody, I've got to go
Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth
Mama, ooh (Any way the wind blows)
I don't wanna die
I sometimes wish I'd never been born at all
I see a little silhouetto of a man
Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you do the Fandango?
Thunderbolt and lightning very, very frightening me
(Galileo) Galileo
(Galileo) Galileo
Galileo Figaro
Magnifico-o-o-o-o
I'm just a poor boy, nobody loves me
He's just a poor boy from a poor family
Spare him his life from this monstrosity
Easy come, easy go, will you let me go?
Bismillah! No, we will not let you go (Let him go!)
Bismillah! We will not let you go (Let him go!)
Bismillah! We will not let you go (Let me go!)
Will not let you go (Let me go!)
Never let you go (Never, never, never, never let me go)
Oh oh oh oh
No, no, no, no, no, no, no
Oh, mamma mia, mamma mia (Mamma mia, let me go)
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me, for me, for me
So you think you can stone me and spit in my eye?
So you think you can love me and leave me to die?
Oh, baby, can't do this to me, baby
Just gotta get out, just gotta get right outta here
Ooh, ooh yeah, ooh yeah
Nothing really matters
ANYONE can see
Nothing really matters
Nothing really matters to me
Any way the wind blows
Seems like yesterday
But it was long ago
Janey was lovely, she was the queen of my nights
There in the darkness with the radio playin' low, and
And the secrets that we shared
Mountains that we moved
Caught like a wildfire out of control
'Til there was nothin' left to burn and nothin' left to prove
And I remember what she said to me
How she swore that it never would end
I remember how she held me, oh, so tight
Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then
Against the wind
We were runnin' against the wind
We were young and strong, we were runnin' against the wind
And the years rolled slowly past
And I found myself alone
Surrounded by strangers I thought were my friends
Found myself further and further from my home and I
Guess I lost my way
There were, oh, so many roads
I was livin' to run and runnin' to live
Never worried about payin' or even how much I owe
Movin' eight miles a minute for months at a time
Breakin' all of the rules that would bend
I began to find myself searchin'
Searchin' for shelter again and again
Against the wind
Little somethin' against the wind
I found myself seekin' shelter against the wind
Well those drifters days are past me now
I've got so much more to think about
Deadlines and commitments
What to leave in, what to leave out
Against the wind
I'm still runnin' against the wind
I'm older now but still runnin' against the wind
Well I'm older now but still runnin' against the wind
(Against the wind)
(Against the wind) still runnin'
(Against the wind) I'm still runnin' against the wind
(Against the wind) I'm still runnin'
(Against the wind) I'm still runnin' against the wind
(Against the wind) still runnin'
(Against the wind) runnin' against the wind, runnin' against the wind
(Against the wind) see the young man run
(Against the wind) watch a young man run
(Against the wind) watch the young man runnin'
(Against the wind) he'll be runnin' against the wind
(Against the wind) let the cowboys ride
(Against the wind) hmm
(Against the wind) let the cowboys ride
(Against the wind) they'll be ridin' against the wind
(Against the wind) against the wind
(Against the wind) ridin' against the wind
(Against the wind)
(Against the wind) ride, ride, ride, ride, ride
(Against the wind)
only registered users can see external links
My father married a pure Cherokee
My mother's people were ashamed of me
The Indians said that I was white by law
The white man always called me "Indian Squaw"
Half-breed, that's all I ever heard
Half-breed, how I learned to hate the word
Half-breed, 'she's no good,' they warned
Both sides were AGAINST me since the day I was born
We never settled, went from town to town
When you're not welcome you don't hang around
The other children always laughed at me
"Give her a feather, she's a Cherokee"
Half-breed, that's all I ever heard
Half-breed, how I learned to hate the word
Half-breed, 'she's no good,' they warned
Both sides were against me since the day I was born
We weren't accepted and I felt ashamed
Nineteen, I left them, tell me who's to blame?
My life since then has been from man to man
But I can't run away from what I am
Half-breed, that's all I ever heard
Half-breed, how I learned to hate the word
Half-breed, 'she's no good,' they warned
Both sides were against me since the day I was born
Half-breed, that's all I ever heard
Half-breed, how I learned to hate the word
Half-breed, 'she's no good,' they warned
Both sides were against me since the day I was born
only registered users can see external links
How can I just let you walk away?
Just let you leave without a trace?
When I stand here taking every breath, with you, ooh
You're the only one who really knew me at all
How can you just walk away from me
When all I can do is watch you leave?
'Cause we've shared the laughter and the pain and even shared the tears
You're the only one who really knew me at all
So take a look at me now
Oh, there's just an empty space
And there's nothing left here to remind me
Just the memory of your face
Ooh, take a look at me now
Well, there's just an empty space
And you coming back to me is AGAINST the odds
And that's what I've got to face
I wish, I could just make you turn around
Turn around and see me cry
There's so much I need to say to you, so many reasons why
You're the only one who really knew me at all
So take a look at me now
Well, there's just an empty space
And there's nothin' left here to remind me
Just the memory of your face
Now take a look at me now
'Cause there's just an empty space
But to wait for you, is all I can do
And that's what I've gotta face
Take a good look at me now
'Cause I'll still be standing here
And you coming back to me is against all odds
It's the chance I've gotta take
Take a look at me now
only registered users can see external links
Don't look so sad
I know it's over
But life goes on
And this old world will keep on turning
Let's just be glad
We had some time to spend together
There's no need to watch the bridges
That we're burning
Lay your head upon my pillow
Hold your warm and tender body
Close to mine
Hear the whisper of the rain drops
Blowing soft AGAINST the window
And make believe you love me
One more time
For the good times
I'll get along
You'll find another
And I'll be here
If you should find you ever need me
Don't say a word about tomorrow
Or forever
There'll be time enough for sadness
When you leave me
Lay your head upon my pillow
Hold your warm and tender body
Close to mine
Hear the whisper of the rain drops
Blowing soft against the window
Make believe you love me
One more time
For the good times
only registered users can see external links
We've got nothing to fear, but fear itself?
Not pain, not failure, not fatal tragedy?
Not the faulty units in this mad machinery?
Not the broken contacts in emotional chemistry?
With an iron fist in a velvet glove
We are sheltered under the gun
In the glory game on the power train
Thy kingdom's will be done
And the things that we fear
Are a weapon to be held AGAINST us
He's not afraid of your judgement
He knows of horrors worse than your hell
He's a little bit afraid of dying
But he's a lot more afraid of your lying
And the things that he fears
Are a weapon to be held AGAINST him
Can any part of life be larger than life?
Even love must be limited by time
And those who push us down that they might climb
Is any killer worth more than his crime?
Like a steely blade in a silken sheath
We don't see what they're made of
They shout about love, but when push comes to shove
They live for things they're afraid of
And the knowledge that they fear
Is a weapon to be used AGAINST them
He's not afraid of your judgement
He knows of horrors worse than your hell
He's a little bit afraid of dying
But he's a lot more afraid of your lying
And the things that he fears
Are a weapon to be held AGAINST him
He's not afraid of your judgement
He knows of horrors worse than your hell
He's a little bit afraid of dying
But he's a lot more afraid of your lying
I saw her today at the reception
A glass of wine in her hand
I knew she would meet her connection
At her feet was a footloose man
No, you can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometime you find
You get what you need
I saw her today at the reception
A glass of wine in her hand
I knew she was gonna meet her connection
At her feet was a footloose man
You can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes, well, you might find
You get what you need
And I went down to the demonstration
To get my fair share of abuse
Singing, "We're gonna vent our frustration
If we don't we're gonna blow a 50-amp fuse"
Sing it to me, honey
You can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes, well, you just might find
You get what you need
Oh baby, yeah
I went down to the Chelsea drugstore
To get your prescription filled
I was standing in line with Mr. Jimmy
And man, did he look pretty ill
We decided that we would have a soda
My favorite flavor, cherry red
I sung my song to Mr. Jimmy
Yeah, and he said one word to me, and that was "dead"
I said to him
You can't always get what you want
Well no
You can't always get what you want
I tell you, baby
You can't always get what you want
No
But if you try sometimes you just might find
You get what you need
Oh, yeah, woo
You get what you need
Yeah, oh baby
I saw her today at the reception
In her glass was a bleeding man
She was practiced at the art of deception
Well I could tell by her blood-stained hands
Sing it
You can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want, ooh yeah, child
You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes you just might find
You just might find
You get what you need
Ah yeah
Ah yeah, woo!
Ah, you can't always get what you want
(No no, baby)
You can't always get what you want
(You can't now now)
You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometime you just might find
You just might find
That you get what you need
Ah yeah!
Ah yeah! Do that
Oh, keep your eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel
Keep your eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel
Yeah, we're going to the Roadhouse
Gonna have a real
A good time
Yeah, the back of the Roadhouse they got some bungalows
Yeah, the back of the Roadhouse they got some bungalows
And that's for the people who like to go down slow
Let it roll, baby, roll
Let it roll, baby, roll
Let it roll, baby, roll
Let it roll
All night long
Do it, Robby, do it!
Alright !
Eeeeeh yeah !
You got to roll, roll, roll
You got to thrill my soul, all right
Roll, roll, roll, roll
To thrill my soul
You got to beep-a-gunk-a-chucha
Honk-konk-konk-kadanta
Each-ya-puna-ney-cha
Bap-pa-lula-ni-chao
Pao-pati-cha
Ni-saong-kong
Alright !
Ashen lady
Ashen lady
Give up your vows
Give up your vows
Save our city
Save our city
Right now
Well, I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer
Well, I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer
The future's uncertain and the end is always near
Let it roll, baby, roll
Let it roll, baby, roll
Let it roll, baby, roll
Let it roll
All night long
only registered users can see external links
A Ba-Ba-Ba-Ba-Barbara Ann
Ba-Ba-Ba-Ba-Barbara Ann
Barbara Ann
Take my HAND
Barbara Ann
You got me rockin' and a rollin'
Rockin' and a reelin'
Barbara Ann
Ba-Ba-Ba-Barbara Ann
Went to a dance, looking for romance
Saw Barbara Ann, so I thought I'd take a chance on
Barbara Ann
Barbara Ann, Barbara Ann
Take my hand
Barbara Ann, Barbara Ann
Take my hand
You got me rockin' and a rollin'
Rockin' and a reelin'
Barbara Ann
Ba-Ba-Ba-Ba-Barbara Ann
Ba-Ba-Ba-Ba-Barbara Ann
Ba-Ba-Ba-Ba-Barbara Ann
Barbara Ann
Take my hand
Barbara Ann
You got me rockin' and a rollin'
Rockin' and a reelin'
Barbara Ann
Ba-Ba-Ba-Barbara Ann
Tried Peggy Sue
Tried Peggy Lou
Tried Mary Lou
But I knew she wouldn't do
Barbara Ann, Barbara Ann
Take my
Barbara Ann
Take my hand
You got me rockin' and a rollin'
Rockin' and a reelin'
Barbara Ann
Ba-Ba-Ba-Barbara Ann
Ba-Ba-Ba-Ba-Barbara Ann
Ba-Ba-Ba-Ba-Barbara Ann
Barbara Ann
Take my hand
Barbara Ann
You got me rockin' and a rollin'
Rockin' and a reelin'
Barbara Ann
Ba-Ba-Ba-Barbara Ann
Barbara Ann, Barbara Ann
Barbara Ann, Barbara Ann
Barbara Ann, Barbara Ann
Barbara Ann
only registered users can see external links
(Young dreams of love, young dreams of love)
Young dreams (Young dreams, young dreams)
My heart is filled with young dreams (Dreams)
And I'm longing to
Share them all with you
In my eyes (My eyes, my eyes)
Oh, can't you see in my eyes (In eyes)
That you're the only one who
Can make my young dreams come true?
I have young arms
That want to hold you (Hold you)
Hold you oh-so tight
I have young lips (Lips)
That want to kiss you (Kiss you)
Kiss you morning, noon and night
Take my HAND (My hand, my hand)
Oh, darling, take my hand (Take hand)
And let me make you a part
Of all my young dreams of love
I have young arms
That wanna hold you
Hold you good and tight
I have young lips
That wanna kiss you
Kiss you morning, noon and night
Take my hand (My hand, my hand)
Oh, darling, take my hand, oh (Take hand)
Let me make you a part (Let me make you a part)
Of all my young dreams of love
A part of all of my young dreams of love
(Young dreams of love, young dreams of love, yeah)
only registered users can see external links
Have you been around?
Have you done your share of comin' down
On different things that people do?
Have you been aware?
You got brothers and sisters who care
About what's gonna happen to you
In a year from now
Maybe I'll be there to shake your hand (Shake your hand)
Maybe I'll be there to share the land (Share the land)
That they'll be givin' away
When we all live together, we're talkin' 'bout together, now
Maybe I'll be there to shake your hand (Shake your hand)
Maybe I'll be there to share the land (Share the land)
That they'll be givin' away
When we all live together, we're talkin' 'bout together, now
Did you pay your dues?
Did you read the news
This morning when the paper landed in your yard?
Do you know their names?
Can you play their games
Without losin' track
And coming down a bit too hard?
Maybe I'll be there to shake your hand (Shake your hand)
Maybe I'll be there to share the land (Share the land)
That they'll be givin' away
When we all live together, we're talkin' 'bout together, now
Maybe I'll be there to shake your hand (Shake your hand)
Maybe I'll be there to share the land (Share the land)
That they'll be givin' away
When we all live together, we're talkin' 'bout together, now
Maybe I'll be there to shake your hand (Shake your hand)
Maybe I'll be there to share the land (Share the land)
That they'll be givin' away
When we all live together, we're talkin' 'bout together, now
Maybe I'll be there to shake your hand (Shake your hand)
Maybe I'll be there to share the land (Share the land)
That they'll be givin' away
When we all live together, together together
You know I'll be standing by to help you if you worry
(Shake your hand, share the land)
Now more sadness, no more sorrow, and no more bad times
(Shake your hand, share the land)
Everyday comin' sunshine, everyday everybody laughin'
(Shake your hand, share the land)
Walkin' together by the river, walkin' together and laughin'
(Shake your hand, share the land)
Everybody singin' together, everybody singin' and laughin'
(Shake your hand, share the land)
Good times, good times, everybody walkin' by the river now
(Shake your hand, share the land)
Walkin', singin', talkin', smilin', laughin' diggin' each other
(Shake your hand, share the land)
Everybody happy together, I'll be there to worry you if you need-a me
(Shake your hand, share the land)
Call on me, call on me, call my name, I'll be runnin' to help you
(Shake your hand, share the land)
Everybody walkin' by the river now, everyday everybody laughin'
(Shake your hand, share the land)
Everybody singin' and talkin', smilin', laughin', diggin' each other
only registered users can see external links
As the midnight moon, was drifting through
The lazy sway of the trees
I saw the look in your eyes, lookin' into mine
Seeing what you wanted to see
Darlin' don't say a word, cause I already heard
What your body's sayin' to mine
I'm tired of fast moves
I've got a slow groove
On my mind
I want a man with a slow HAND
I want a lover with an easy touch
I want somebody who will spend some time
Not come and go in a heated rush
I want somebody who will understand
When it comes to love, I want a slow hand
On shadowed ground, with no one around
And a blanket of stars in our eyes
We are drifting free, like two lost leaves
On the crazy wind of the night
Darlin', don't say a word, 'cause I already heard
What your body's sayin' to mine
If I want it all night
You say it's alright
We got the time
'Cause I got a man with a slow hand
I got a lover with an easy touch
I got somebody who will spend some time
Not come and go in a heated rush
I found somebody who will understand
When it comes to love, I want a slow hand
If I want it all night
Please say it's alright
It's not a fast move
But a slow groove
On my mind
'Cause I got a man with a slow hand
I got a lover with an easy touch
I found somebody who will spend some time
Not come and go in a heated rush
I found somebody who will understand
I found a lover with a slow hand
Oh, lover with the slow hand
And I get all excited with his easy touch
I found somebody who will spend the night
Not come and go in a heated rush
Judy Garland
Shades of night are falling and I'm lonely
Standing on the corner feeling blue
Sweethearts out for fun, pass me one by one
Guess I'll wind up like I always do, with only
Me and my shadow
Strolling down the avenue
Me and my shadow
Not a soul to tell our troubles to
And when it's twelve o'clock, we climb the stair
We never knock, cause nobody's there
Just me and my shadow
All alone and feeling blue
Me and my shadow
Strolling down the avenue
And when it's twelve o'clock, we climb the stair
We never knock, for nobody's there
Just me and my shadow
Strolling down the avenue
All alone and feeling blue
only registered users can see external links
If you go away
On this summer day
Then you might as well
Take the sun away
All the birds that flew
In the summer sky
When our love was new
And our hearts were high
And the day was young
And the night was long
And the moon stood still
For the night bird's song
If you go away
But if you stay
I'll make you a day
Like no day has been
Or will be again
We'll sail the sun
We'll ride on the rain
And talk to the trees
And worship the wind
Then if you go
I'll understand
Leave me just enough love
To fill up my hand
If you go away
As I know you will
You must tell the world
To stop turning, turning
'til you return again
If you ever do
For what good is love
Without loving you?
Can I tell you now
As you turn to go
I'll be dying slowly
'til the next hello
But if you stay
I'll make you a night
Like no night has been
Or will be again
I'll sail on your smile
I'll glide on your touch
I'll talk to your eyes
That I love so much
But if you go
I won't cry
Though the good is gone
From the word goodbye
If you go away
As I know you must
There'll be nothing left
In this world to trust
Just an empty room
Full of empty space
Like the empty look
I see on your face
And I'd have been the SHADOW
Of your shadow
If it might have kept me
By your
Join in my, join in my child,
And listen, I've been digging through my old numb shadow...
My shadow's
Shedding skin
I've been picking
Scabs again.
I'm down
Digging through
My old muscles
Looking for a clue.
I've been crawling on my belly
Clearing out what could've been.
I've been wallowing in my own confused and insecure delusions
For a piece to cross me over
Or a word to guide me in.
I wanna feel the changes coming down.
I wanna know what I've been hiding in
My shadow.
My shadow.
Change is coming through my shadow.
My shadow's shedding skin
I've been picking
My scabs again.
Join in my
Join in my child
My shadow moves
Closer to meaning
I've been crawling on my belly
Clearing out what could've been.
I've been wallowing in my own chaotic, insecure delusions.
I wanna feel the change consume me,
Feel the outside turning in.
I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
Cleansing I've endured in
My shadow
My shadow
Change is coming.
Now is my time.
Listen to my muscle memory.
Contemplate what I've been clinging to.
Forty-six & 2 ahead of me.
I choose to live and to grow,
Take and give and to move,
Learn and love and to cry,
Kill and die and to be paranoid and to lie,
Hate and fear and to do
What it takes to move through.
I choose to live and to lie,
Kill and give and to die,
Learn and love and to do
What it takes to step through.
See my shadow changing,
Stretching up and over me.
Soften this old armor.
Hoping I can clear the way
By stepping through my shadow,
Coming out the other side.
Step into the shadow.
Forty-six & 2 are just ahead of me.
Your butt is wide, well mine is too
Just watch your mouth or I'll sit on you
The word is out, better treat me right
'Cause I'm the king of cellulite
Ham on, ham on, ham on whole wheat, all right
My zippers bust, my buckles break
I'm too much man for you to take
The pavement cracks when I fall down
I've got more chins than Chinatown
Well, I've never used a phone booth
And I've never seen my toes
When I'm goin' to the movies
I take up seven rows
Because I'm fat, I'm fat, sha mone
(Fat, fat, really really fat)
You know I'm fat, I'm fat, you know it
(Fat, fat, really really fat)
You know I'm fat, I'm fat, come on you know
(Fat, fat, really really fat)
Don't you call me pudgy, portly or stout
Just now tell me once again who's fat
When I walk out to get my mail
It measures on the Richter scale
Down at the beach I'm a lucky man
I'm the only one who gets a tan
If I have one more pie a la mode
I'm gonna need my own zip code
When you're only having seconds
I'm a' having twenty-thirds
When I go to get my shoes shined
I gotta take their word
Because I'm fat, I'm fat, sha mone
(Fat, fat, really really fat)
You know I'm fat, I'm fat, you know it
(Fat, fat, really really fat)
You know I'm fat, I'm fat, you know it you know
(Fat, fat, really really fat)
And my shadow weighs a' forty-two pounds
Lemme tell you once again who's fat
If you see me comin' your way
Better give me plenty space
If I tell you that I'm hungry
Then won't you feed my face
Because I'm fat, I'm fat, sha mone
(Fat, fat, really really fat)
You know I'm fat, I'm fat, you know it
(Fat, fat, really really fat)
You know I'm fat, I'm fat, you know it, you know
(Fat, fat, really really fat.)
When I sit around the house
I really sit around the house
You know I'm fat, I'm fat, sha mone
(Fat, fat, really really fat)
You know I'm fat, I'm fat, you know it, you know it
(Fat, fat, really really fat)
You know, you know, you know, come on
(Fat, fat, really really fat)
And you know all by myself I'm a crowd
Lemme tell you once again
You know I'm huge, I'm fat, you know it
(Fat, fat, really really fat)
You know I'm fat, you know, woo
(Fat, fat, really really fat)
You know I'm fat, I'm fat, you know it, you know
(Fat, fat, really really fat)
And the whole world knows I'm fat and I'm proud
Just tell me once again who's fat
The Rolling Stones, HAVE YOU SEEN YOUR MOTHER BABY, STANDING IN THE SHADOW?
Have you seen your mother, baby, standing in the SHADOW?
Have you had another, baby, standing in the SHADOW?
I'm glad I opened your eyes
The have-nots would have tried to freeze you in ice
Have you seen your brother, baby, standing in the SHADOW?
Have you had another baby, standing in the SHADOW?
Well, I was just passing the time
I'm all alone, won't you give all your sympathy to mine?
Tell me a story about how you adore me
Live in the SHADOW, see through the SHADOW,
Glimpse through the SHADOW, tear at the SHADOW
Hate in the SHADOW, and love in your SHADOWY life
Have you seen your lover, baby, standing in the SHADOW?
Has he had another baby, standing in the SHADOW?
Just where have you been all your life?
Talking about all the people who would try anything twice
Have you seen your mother, baby, standing in the SHADOW?
Has she had another baby, standing in the SHADOW?
Well, you take your choice at the time
The brave old world or the slide to the depths of decline
only registered users can see external links
only registered users can see external links
I'm just the pieces of the man I used to be
Too many bitter tears are raining down on me
I'm far away from home
And I've been facing this alone for much too long, oh
I feel like no one ever told the truth to me
About growing up and what a struggle it would be
In my tangled state of mind
I've been looking back to find
Where I went wrong
Too much love will kill you
If you can't make up your mind
Torn between the lover and the love you leave behind
You're headed for disaster 'cause you never read the signs
Too much love will kill you every time
I'm just the SHADOW of the man I used to be
And it seems like there's no way out of this for me
I used to bring you sunshine
Now all I ever do is bring you down
Mmm, how would it be if you were standing in my shoes?
Can't you see that it's impossible to choose
No, there's no making sense of it
Every way I go I'm bound to lose
Oh-oh, yeah
Too much love will kill you
Just as sure as none at all
It'll drain the power that's in you
Make you plead and scream and crawl
And the pain will make you crazy
You're the victim of your crime
Too much love will kill you every time
Yeah-yeah, too much love will kill you
It'll make your life a lie
Yes, too much love will kill you
And you won't understand why
You'd give your life, you'd sell your soul
But here it comes again
Too much love will kill you
In the end
only registered users can see external links
Hot town, summer in the city
Back of my neck gettin' dirty and gritty
Been down, isn't it a pity?
Doesn't seem to be a SHADOW in the city
All around, people lookin' half dead
Walkin' on the sidewalk, hotter than a match head
But at night, it's a different world
Go out and find a girl
Come on, come on, and dance all night
Despite the heat, it'll be alright
And babe, don't you know it's a pity
The days can't be like the nights
In the summer in the city
In the summer in the city
Cool town, evening in the city
Dressed so fine and lookin' so pretty
Cool cat lookin' for a kitty
Gonna look in every corner of the city
'Til I'm wheezing like a bus stop
Runnin' upstairs, gonna meet you on the rooftop
But at night, it's a different world
Go out and find a girl
Come on, come on, and dance all night
Despite the heat, it'll be alright
And babe, don't you know it's a pity
The days can't be like the nights
In the summer in the city
In the summer in the city
Hot town, summer in the city
Back of my neck gettin' dirty and gritty
Been down, isn't it a pity?
Doesn't seem to be a SHADOW in the city
All around, people lookin' half dead
Walkin' on the sidewalk, hotter than a match head
But at night, it's a different world
Go out and find a girl
Come on, come on, and dance all night
Despite the heat, it'll be alright
And babe, don't you know it's a pity
The days can't be like the nights
In the summer in the city
In the summer in the city
One day we walked along the sand
One day in early spring
You held a piper in your hand
To mend its broken wing
Now I'll remember many a day
And many a lonely mile
The echo of a piper's song
The shadow of a smile
The SHADOW of your smile
When you are gone
Will color all my dreams
And light the dawn
Look into my eyes
My love and see
All the lovely things
You are to me
Our wistful little star
Was far too high
A teardrop kissed your lips
And so did I
Now when I remember spring
All the joy that love can bring
I will be remembering
The SHADOW of your smile
In a white room, with black curtains, near the station
Black roof country, no gold pavements, tired starlings
Silver horses, ran down moonbeams, in your dark eyes
Dawn light smiles, on you leaving, my contentment
I'll wait in this place
Where the sun never shines
Wait in this place
Where the shadows run from themselves
You said no strings, could secure you, at the station
Platform ticket, restless diesels, goodbye window
I walked into, such a sad time, at the station
As I walked out, felt my own need, just beginning
I'll wait in the queue
When the trains come back
Lie with you
Where the shadows run from themselves
At the party, she was kindness, in the hard crowd
Consolation, for the old wound, now forgotten
Yellow tigers, crouched in jungles, in her dark eyes
She's just dressing, goodbye windows, tired starlings
I'll sleep in this place
With the lonely crowd
Lie in the dark
Where the shadows run from themselves
only registered users can see external links
I need a little time to think it over
I need a little space just on my own
I need a little time to find my freedom
I need a little
Funny how quick the milk turns sour, isn't it, isn't it?
Your face has been looking like that for hours, hasn't it, hasn't it?
Promises, promises turn to dust
Wedding bells just turn to rust
Trust into mistrust
I need a little ROOM to find myself
I need a little space to work it out
I need a little room all alone
I need a little
You need a little room for your big head, don't you, don't you?
You need a little space for a thousand beds, won't you, won't you?
Lips that promise, fear the worst
Tongue so sharp, the bubble burst
Just into unjust
I've had a little time to find the truth
Now I've had a little room to check what's wrong
I've had a little time, and I still love you
I've had a little
You had a little time and you had a little fun, didn't ya, didn't you?
While you had yours, do you think I had none, do you, do ya?
The freedom that you wanted bad
Is yours for good, I hope you're glad
Sad into unsad
I had a little time to think it over
Had a little room to work it out
I found a little courage to call it off
I've had a little time
I've had a little time
I've had a little time
I've had a little time
I met a gin soaked, bar-room queen in Memphis
She tried to take me upstairs for a ride
She had to heave me right across her shoulder
'Cause I just can't seem to drink you off my mind
It's the honky tonk women
That gimme, gimme, gimme the honky tonk blues
I laid a divorcee in New York City
I had to put up some kind of a fight
The lady then she covered me in roses
She blew my nose and then she blew my mind
It's the honky tonk women
That gimme, gimme, gimme the honky tonk blues
It's the honky tonk women
That gimme, gimme, gimme the honky tonk blues
It's the honky tonk women
That gimme, gimme, gimme the honky tonk blues
only registered users can see external links
As you look through my window
Deep into my ROOM
At the tapestries all faded
Their vague and distant glories
Concealed in the gloom
The icy fingers of forgotten passions
Softly brushing my lips
At the tips of my primitive soul
As you look through my door
Deep into my ROOM
Can you feel the mighty wall of power
It's waiting waiting in the gloom
The distant shadows of forgotten champions
Those who live in me still
And will rise when we challenge and kill
Born again
You'll be born again
Look at this prince of evil
Fighting for your mind
Fighting all priests of shame
For the thrust of my challenge is aimed
At the hearts of mutant gods
Who think we're all the same
They're controlling our minds
And they use us for fortune and fame
As you look through my window
Deep into my ROOM
At your future and freedom
The grey and plastic retards all floating in circles
And as you taste the fruits of new sensations
Softly brushing your lips
As we rise when we challenge and kill
Born again
You'll be born again
If you want to be a king for a day
Just do what I say
Everybody's got to think like a hunter
Just search for your pray
Be alive through the night and the day
Just do it my way
only registered users can see external links
I once had a girl
Or should I say she once had me
She showed me her ROOM
Isn't it good Norwegian wood?
She asked me to stay
And she told me to sit anywhere
So I looked around
And I noticed there wasn't a chair
I sat on a rug biding my time
Drinking her wine
We talked until two and then she said
"It's time for bed"
She told me she worked
In the morning and started to laugh
I told her I didn't
And crawled off to sleep in the bath
And when I awoke I was alone
This bird had flown
So I lit a fire
Isn't it good Norwegian wood?
only registered users can see external links
I can feel a new expression on my face
I can feel a glowing sensation taking place
I can hear the guitar playin' lovely tunes
Every time that you walk in the room
I close my eyes for a second and pretend it's me you want
Meanwhile I try to act so nonchalant
I feel a summer's night with a magic moon
Every time that you walk in the ROOM
Baby it's a dream come true (dream come true)
Standin' right alongside of you
Wish I could show you how much I care
But I only have the nerve to stand and stare
I can feel a something pounding in my brain
Just anytime that someone speaks your name
Oh, the trumpets sounds and I hear thunder boom
Every time that you walk in the room
Every time that you walk in the room
Every time that you walk in the room
On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair
Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air
Up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering light
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
I had to stop for the night
There she stood in the doorway
I heard the mission bell
And I was thinking to myself
"This could be Heaven or this could be Hell"
Then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way
There were voices down the corridor
I thought I heard them say
Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
Plenty of room at the Hotel California
Any time of year (Any time of year)
You can find it here
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends
She got a lot of pretty, pretty boys she calls friends
How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat
Some dance to remember, some dance to forget
So I called up the Captain
"Please bring me my wine."
He said, "We haven't had that spirit here since nineteen sixty nine."
And still those voices are calling from far away
Wake you up in the middle of the night
Just to hear them say
Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
They livin' it up at the Hotel California
What a nice surprise (what a nice surprise)
Bring your alibis
Mirrors on the ceiling
The pink champagne on ice
And she said "We are all just prisoners here, of our own device"
And in the master's chambers
They gathered for the feast
They stab it with their steely knives
But they just can't kill the beast
Last thing I remember
I was running for the door
I had to find the passage back to the place I was before
"Relax," said the night man
"We are programmed to receive
You can check-out any time you like
But you can never leave!"
John Lennon
As soon as you're born they make you feel small
By giving you no time instead of it all
'Til the pain is so big you feel nothing at all
A working-class hero is something to be
A working-class hero is something to be
They hurt you at home and they hit you at school
They hate you if you're clever and they despise a fool
'Til you're so fucking crazy you can't follow their rules
A working-class hero is something to be
A working-class hero is something to be
When they've tortured and scared you for 20 odd years
Then they expect you to pick a career
When you can't really function, you're so full of fear
A working-class hero is something to be
A working-class hero is something to be
Keep you doped with religion, and sex, and T.V.
And you think you're so clever and classless and free
But you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see
A working-class hero is something to be
A working-class hero is something to be
There's room at the top they are telling you still
But first you must learn how to smile as you kill
If you want to be like the folks on the hill
A working-class hero is something to be
A working-class hero is something to be
If you want to be a hero well just follow me
If you want to be a hero well just follow me
Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care
Leave, but don't leave me
Look around
Choose your own ground
Long you live and high you fly
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
And all you touch and all you see
Is all your life will ever be
Run, rabbit run
Dig that hole, forget the sun
And when at last the work is done
Don't sit down
It's time to dig another one
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race towards an early grave
only registered users can see external links
See the girl with cymbals on her fingers
Entering through the door
Ruby glistening from her navel
Shimmering around the floor
Bells on feet go ting a-ling a-linging
Going through my head
Sweat is falling just-a-like-a tear drops
Running from her head
Now she's dancing, going through the movements
Swaying to and fro
Body moving, bringing back a memory
Thoughts of long ago
Blood is rushing, temperature is rising
Sweating from my brow
Like a snake, her body fascinates me
I can't look away now
Stop, stop, stop all the dancing
Give me time to BREATHE
Stop, stop, stop all the dancing
Or I'll have to leave
Now, she's moving all around the tables
Luring all in sight
But I know that she cannot see me
Hidden by the light
Closer, closer, she is getting nearer
Soon she'll be in reach
As I enter into a spotlight
She stands lost for speech
Stop, stop, stop all the dancing
Give me time to breathe
Stop, stop, stop all the dancing
Or I'll have to leave
Stop, stop, stop all the dancing
Give me time to breathe
Stop, stop, stop all the dancing
Or I'll have to leave
Now I hold her, people are staring
Don't know what to think
And we struggle knocking over tables
Spilling all the drinks
Can't they understand that I want her?
Happens every week
Heavy hand upon my collar
Throws me in the street
Stop, stop, stop all the dancing
Give me time to breathe
Stop, stop, stop all the dancing
Or I'll have to leave
If I could make a wish
I think I'd pass
Can't think of anything I need
No cigarettes, no sleep, no light, no sound
Nothing to eat, no books to read
Making love with you
Has left me peaceful, warm, and tired
What more could I ask
There's nothing left to be desired
Peace came upon me and it leaves me weak
So sleep, silent angel, go to sleep
Sometimes, all I need is the air that I BREATHE
And to love you
All I need is the air that I BREATHE
Yes to love you
All I need is the air that I BREATHE
Peace came upon me and it leaves me weak
So sleep, silent angel, go to sleep
Sometimes, all I need is the air that I BREATHE
And to love you
All I need is the air that I BREATHE
Yes to love you
All I need is the air that I BREATHE
Sometimes, all I need is the air that I breathe
And to love you
All I need is the air that I BREATHE
Yes to love you
All I need is the air that I BREATHE
And to love you
All I need is the air that I BREATHE
Yes to love you
only registered users can see external links
Little by little, my heart grieves
Little by little, I call your name
Little by little, my tears fall
Little by little, everything changes
Little by little, the time goes
Little by little, the days pass by
Little by little, the air clears
Little by little, I can BREATHE again
I can BREATHE again
I can BREATHE again, now
I can BREATHE again
Back at the mirror, your good friend
Talk to the mirror to play out your game
Slap in the middle, I stop then
Look at the winner and the price you pay
Hum! Cold was the winter, I tremble
Long was the fall that had no end
Now little by little, the air clears
Little by little, I can BREATHE, I can BREATHE again
I can BREATHE again
I can BREATHE again, now
Call your name, call your name
Call your name, call your name
Everything changes, everything changes
I call your name
Oh, I can BREATHE again
I can BREATHE again
I can BREATHE again
I can BREATHE again
Oooh, oooh
Little by little
only registered users can see external links
You're only just a dream boat
Sailing in my head
You swim my secret oceans
Of coral blue and red
Your smell is incense burning
Your touch is silken yet
It reaches through my skin
Moving from within
And clutches at my breast
But it's only when I sleep
I see you in my dreams
Got me spinning 'round and 'round
Turning upside down
But I only hear you BREATHE (I hear you breathe)
Somewhere in my sleep
Got me spinning 'round and 'round
Turning upside down
But it's only when I sleep
And when I wake from slumber
Your shadow's disappeared
Your breath is just a sea mist
Surrounding my body
I'm working through the daytime
But when it's time to rest
I'm lying in my bed
Listening to my breath
Falling from the edge
But it's only when I sleep
I see you in my dreams
Got me spinning 'round and 'round
Turning upside down
But I only hear you breathe (I hear you breathe)
Somewhere in my sleep (in my sleep)
Got me spinning 'round and 'round
Turning upside down
But it's only when I sleep, yeah yeah, yeah yeah
But it's only when I sleep
It's reaching through my skin
Moving from within
And clutches at my breast
But it's only when I sleep
I see you in my dreams (dreams)
Got me spinning 'round and 'round (spinnin' around)
Turning upside down
But I only hear you breathe (I hear you breathe)
But it's only when I sleep
Got me spinning 'round and 'round
Turning upside down
It's only when I sleep
Got me spinning 'round and 'round
Turning upside down
only registered users can see external links
… When I'm feelin' blue, all I have to do
Is take a look at you, then I'm not so blue
When you're close to me I can feel you heart beat
I can hear you BREATHING in my ear
Wouldn't you agree, baby, you and me
Got a groovy kind of love (groovy kind of love)
We got a groovy kind of love (groovy kind of love)
Any time you want to you can turn me on to
Anything you want to, any time at all
When you kiss my lips oh, I start to shiver
Can't control the quivering inside
Wouldn't you agree, baby, you and me
Got a groovy kind of love (a groovy kind of love)
We got a groovy kind of love
When I'm in your arms nothing seems to matter
If the world would shatter I don't care
Wouldn't you agree, baby, you and me
Got a groovy kind of love (groovy kind of love)
We got a groovy kind of love (groovy kind of love)
We got a groovy kind of love
Pearl Jam
Yes, I understand that every life must end, ah-huh
As we sit alone, I know someday we must go, ah-huh
Oh, I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love
Some folks just have one, yeah, others they got none, ah-huh
Stay with me, oh
Let's just breathe
Practiced are my sins, never gonna let me win, ah-huh
Under everything, just another human being, ah-huh
Yeah, I don't wanna hurt
There's so much in this world to make me bleed
Stay with me, oh
You're all I see
Did I say that I need you?
Did I say that I want you?
Oh, if I did not, I'm a fool you see
No one knows this more than me
As I come clean
I wonder everyday as I look upon your face, ah-huh
Everything you gave and nothing you would take, ah-huh
Nothing you would take
Everything you gave
Did I say that I need you?
Oh, did I say that I want you?
Oh, if I did not, I'm a fool you see
No one knows this more than me
As I come clean
Nothing you would take
Everything you gave
Hold me 'til I die
Meet you on the other side
only registered users can see external links
New Comment Go to top