Using Just Your Hands!

Tired of ads
on this site?

Get Paid For
Using Social Sites!

STUFF, JUST STUFF

Discussion Forum on Show Your Dick

Page #140

Pages:  #1... #135   #136   #137   #138   #139   #140   #141   #142   #143   #144   ...#769

Started by bella! [Ignore] 20,May,18 18:36  other posts
Please feel free to post miscellaneous subject matter, aka STUFF in this thread.

Please attempt to remain somewhat respectful to other members, ninnyhammers, dummies and folks you just don't like. Thank you.

New Comment       Rating: 11  

Comments:
By bella! [Ignore] 06,Mar,23 17:32 other posts 
Check out this dog. He not only loves the water, it's almost like he's a member on a canine synchronized swim and dive team.

only registered users can see external links

By bella! [Ignore] 06,Mar,23 16:11 other posts 
Some spot on playing between members in the Play Ball! feature! Congratulations are in order for the following members;

Nashville42 passed the ball clean to katiecake at 06,Mar,23 08:38
madmadworld28 passed the ball clean to Nashville42 at 06,Mar,23 08:38
xtc1 passed the ball clean to madmadworld28 at 06,Mar,23 08:35
jokodepojo2 passed the ball clean to xtc1 at 06,Mar,23 08:24
Submissiveone passed the ball clean to jokodepojo2 at 06,Mar,23 08:22
Gntlmn passed the ball clean to Submissiveone at 06,Mar,23 08:15
mr_blue passed the ball clean to Gntlmn at 06,Mar,23 08:14

By bella! [Ignore] 05,Mar,23 19:34 other posts 
It's raining tonight. I've been in Florida for 11 weeks and if memory serves me correctly, this is only the third time it has rained. Since being here, I'm gobsmacked by the number of cattle that I see that graze in their pastutes along Florida State Road 80. With so little rain, the days are sunny and are in the low to high 80's, it amazes me that there is enough grass and that the "farmers" are able to maintain the greenery for their livestock to feed on.
By #610414 06,Mar,23 10:27
This is the dry season. Rainy season starts in June and lasts until hurricane season ends (Nov). Late July and August is the "monsoon" season.

By phart [Ignore] 03,Mar,23 23:36 other posts 
Not often do my dad and I go anywhere together, but today we did.
We stopped at a Wendys to get a bite.
We first had to wait behind 2 ladys that could not read the sign right above their heads and the guy at the cash register couldn't answer their questions and had to bug the manager twice. 9 minutes later, my dad ready to leave, I finally got to step up to order. I ask for a crispy chicken sandwich and a bacon-cheddar frys to eat here. He punched and messed around and finally after the manager deleted 2 mistakes ,he got my order right, then my dad tried to order a Jr Cheeseburger and 1 of the small frostys you get free with the key ring thing. After the guy fumbled for about 3 minutes trying to key that in ,my dad just said forget it delete mine and just get yours, the guy was like ,manager can you delete this. after another 3 minutes or more, I just said cancel the order ,I am leaving.
My dad and I headed for the door, the guy that was on the cash register threw down his little apron and followed us out and got in his beat up honda and left before we did. Walked off his job. A complete Clutz, couldn't key in a simple order.
What made it so hard for me to understand, he was young enough to have grown up in the computer age,probably 19-20ish as we were in a university town,with touch screens and such, and the menu on the computer screen is simple. it has to be for college age and high school kids to operate. I got to thinking, I wonder if he is this confused when he goes to vote, buy groceries, find a pair of pants?
Surely he was not a good example of modern youth.
By bella! [Ignore] 04,Mar,23 00:03 other posts 
Gee, I wonder whether this was his first day on the job and how much OTJ training he was given? Everyone learns differently and from my experience in a training capacity, some people are able to do well under the scrutiny of a watchful eyes and some cannot. I wonder if he was aware of how impatient you and your father were? I'm not certain what the device is called at the counter, the thing that they need to be proficient at to insure that we receive our orders correctly however it must daunting to have to find the proper key/picture to make sure that the sandwich comes with no mustard, extra onions, light lettuce, wavy pickles and sandwich cut in half, no?

Simple question back to you......how do you think you might do behind the counter?
By tecsan [Ignore] 04,Mar,23 02:50 other posts 
Give me an hour to figure out the screen, program or whatever and I could do a terrific job behind the counter, now some years back I do not know. But I would never attempt a job that I could not do. Practice makes us better.
By bella! [Ignore] 04,Mar,23 09:47 other posts 
I agree, "Practice makes us better." and all I was attempting to illustrate was that the crew member at the counter that day may have been brand new on the job.
By tecsan [Ignore] 05,Mar,23 01:55 other posts 
I agree, was probably their first day or close to it. Otherwise 'it' was a total idiot. However; on another note I always order items made as they were intended. I can always pick the crap off that I do not like. I am not that picky as long as it does not contain seafood or boloney or weenies.
By phart [Ignore] 04,Mar,23 09:34 other posts 
I would pay attention and try my best.
And although we were in there at least 15 minutes total before we gave up, I did my best not to be a jurk,I didn't say anything mean,I waited with my mouth shut.My dad,well, he was a bit less quite but to be honest even he was not being a total jurk.
And I didn't "alter" my order from a simple crispy chicken sandwich which is 1.89 and a bacon-chedder fry which is 2.89. and made it clear I wanted to eat it there.
No alterations.
Now the ladies in front of me, can't say the same for them,
By bella! [Ignore] 04,Mar,23 10:01 other posts 
Do you think it was the young man's fault that he was at the POS (point of service) device that day? Just my opinion, NOT. I think it's the manager/crew chief, whatever they are referred to, to know their team's strong points as well as weak points. I wouldn't think it's wise to have someone new or who struggles with the POS device at the counter during lunch or dinner rush.

Regarding order alteration, I just tossed that "out there" because although the jingle says, "hold the pickles, hold the lettuce, special orders don't upset us", my guess is that if folks don't order the standard Big Mac, Whopper, Crispy Chicken Sandwich, etc, it takes a good amount of skill to navigate the POS device.
By tecsan [Ignore] 06,Mar,23 03:01 other posts 
bella! I bet they have no problem navigating they're I-phony thing.
By tecsan [Ignore] 04,Mar,23 02:45 other posts 
Hmm, I have seen this for many years now. You explained it in more detail than I would have explained it. This kind of crap happens to all of us, but what can we do when corporate America takes over. Complain to Wendy's and they will probably shoot a few coupons your way. They may only be valid in another city very far away, but he it is the thought that counts right?
By phart [Ignore] 04,Mar,23 09:40 other posts 
Well until we do something ,complain ,walk out, whatever, it will only get worse. By the manager watching customers leave and a sale lost, and a employee walking out, that should indicate to the manager that he needs to do more training or screen new hires better or something.
By bella! [Ignore] 04,Mar,23 13:05 other posts 
Just my opinion, I think that the majority of us Americans, have become impatient and intolerant.

Here's something that happened about 10 days ago. A woman, a customer at a Popeyes chicken establishment in Georgia, drives her sports utility through the building because her order was missing the biscuits. What!? Missing biscuits!? Hmmmm.....how should I handle that? Yes, let me drive my vehicle through the building! BOOM! Problem solved!

By phart [Ignore] 04,Mar,23 18:04 other posts 
Well, when you walk into a fast food restaurant, you expect prompt service. Impatient? Eh, Fed up with lousy service is more like it for most Americans. We aren't getting what we pay for anymore.
Strange how when we went over to Bojangles, we got our food, and were out of the door finished in 20 minutes. We had been in Wendys for 15 or so and no food or even a chance to pay yet because the order was screwed up several times. So it is painfully obvious that fast food service can be achieved and should be expected by the consumer.
When I go to a fancy sit down restaurant,I would expect to have to wait a bit because supposedly the food is being prepared after I order it.not "ready made" in squirt bottles and premade pattys and slices.
By #681164 04,Mar,23 13:52
Sometimes people are incapable of handling stress in a new job when dealing with the public. A manager should always provide a mentor to make sure the new employee feels secure. Throwing a new employee to the wolves is piss poor management
By sherryann [Ignore] 04,Mar,23 15:02 other posts 
phart, I made a post about this one time that didn't go over well. So I'm not giving my opinion either way, but some of us have experienced the same thing and completely understand your frustration.
By bella! [Ignore] 04,Mar,23 15:31 other posts 
sherryann, It's good that we can have differences in opinions because differences should stimulate respectful discussions. Open discussions MIGHT change minds and there's nothing wrong with that.
By phart [Ignore] 04,Mar,23 18:08 other posts 
Help me out? change minds? As in how?
Change my mind that it is ok to hassle for 30 minutes to get fast food for example? The minds that need to change are the minds that aren't paying attention to their jobs and or don't care.
By bella! [Ignore] 04,Mar,23 21:22 other posts 
I am responding to sherryann's post and I'm uncertain whether she's talking solely about service at a fast food restaurant or just having an opposing view, in general. Regardless, it's unfortunate that people are uncomfortable stating their position because it didn't go over well.

You've made several posts about being dissatisfied with your fast food experiences, it just surprises that you just don't eat at home.
By phart [Ignore] 05,Mar,23 08:17 other posts 
I do alot.But sometimes I want to just get a burger or some chicken or something different that I don't have to clean up the mess.
I get better service when I go to a small sit down place lately
By bella! [Ignore] 04,Mar,23 15:36 other posts 
Something I noticed, you responded to WOODY58 rather than phart , so I'm going to rectify that right now.
By sherryann [Ignore] 04,Mar,23 17:35 other posts 
yes bella! You are right of course. I don't know how to respond properly here but thanks for fixing it.
By phart [Ignore] 04,Mar,23 20:51 other posts 
responses go way down to the bottom and you have to follow the flowchart.
Reminds me of reading a schematic of a television or something trying to follow it once it grows large.
By #681164 04,Mar,23 15:06
By sherryann [Ignore] 04,Mar,23 22:22 other posts 
I don't think I said anything wrong by telling phart I understand his frustration. The post I made was also about fast food workers, and, no it didn't go over well. I am not uncomfortable stating my position at all. And my position is if they can't get a simple order right then they should ask another worker to do it for them. I worked in service jobs so I know it's hard, but back then the management had a 'customer is always right' attitude, but these days that's not the case. Anyway, I took time out of my life to post here to no avail. I will say this though, never have I seen anyone agree with phart here,and if we're free to express our opinion, then why not agree to disagree with him and move forward?
By tecsan [Ignore] 05,Mar,23 02:07 other posts 
phart Ask yourself this, does MCD or Wendy's care if we walk out. The manager and employees are jumpin with joy when we walk out, it means they have less work to do. Corporate might frown on it.
By phart [Ignore] 05,Mar,23 08:18 other posts 
True,and when corporate aint happy,that jumpin up and down shit stops when the employees are shown the door
By tecsan [Ignore] 06,Mar,23 00:22 other posts 
But many times it is the owner or manager that gets the messages from us and they do not give a shit as long as they are making money. Corporate sends our replies to them as to not have to deal with it. Passing the buck as the old saying goes.
By kebmo [Ignore] 05,Mar,23 14:13 other posts 
My two cents…
I feel sorry for the poor guy running the POS (point of sale) terminal.
Obviously he wasn’t trained well so please don’t be mad at him; it’s not his fault that he wasn’t trained to do his job properly. On the job training in any profession is complicated because people learn differently. Some people could learn by reading about it and some people must actually do it with someone there to help them understand the methodology.
When you change something from how it is normally done (spec) to suit your desires you are modifying it. This is referred to as a mod and when you start adding mods to your order it gets confusing when the system is not designed to handle some of them. Mods can be added to a POS system to accommodate anything. At this point there is a mod for “hold order” so that the server can speak to the person making it and clarify the customers desires.
If you get frustrated and then your order gets deleted this is tracked in multiple ways. It is tracked by the manager of the restaurant and head office. If head office sees more than the acceptable amount of deleted orders in your system they will assume that there is a problem and that usually can be traced back to inadequate training of employees (or theft). Head office will also track your staff retention and if you have people coming and going at an unreasonable rate, they will also take note of that. It is in the interest of any business to retain employees after spending substantial amounts of money training them. Training costs money and that’s what every business is all about… money. Head office is a restaurant’s equivalent of big brother.
By bella! [Ignore] 05,Mar,23 14:42 other posts 
Thank, much of what you said is what I said earlier. I agree, people learn differently.

When I would eat at my local McDonald's, I would request a Filet O Fish patty, period, end, meaning no bun, no cheese, no tartar sauce. They actually have a special key somewhere on the POS, but in a strange spot. Quite often I would need to guide the 15/16 year old to the "ala carte" key to minimize their frustration.

Service workers take a lot of flack from us customers. Heck, about a week or so ago, I complained HERE about the Walmart worker working frozen foods because when I asked for his assistance, his response was; "No speak English". It's not his fault that he doesn't speak English, nor my fault that I was unable to communicate to him in Spanish, it's Walmart's fault because they should be hiring help that can communicate with their customers if their customers have questions.
By phart [Ignore] 05,Mar,23 17:53 other posts 
Well at least I know I am not expecting the impossible.
Today after a 3pm meeting, i went to town to get something to eat .Different Wendys. I walked up, the young fellow ask me how can help you, I ordered the same thing I tried to order the other day from the wendys 20 miles from me, a Crispy chicken and a baconator fry. It was keyed in a 4:31,I was seated, and eating at 4:35.
By phart [Ignore] 05,Mar,23 17:57 other posts 
Training is important for sure .Sadly it could be managers are afraid to invest alot in training because employees walk in and walk out at such a high rate.
I seldom modify a order at a fast food place. Now if I am a sit down place like the greasy spoon I eat breakfast at, I tell them exactly how I want my toast or the eggs in my omelet and so forth.

By bella! [Ignore] 03,Mar,23 18:43 other posts 
This is exactly why I could not live in Australia!

By biggg [Ignore] 04,Mar,23 12:18 other posts 
big hairy .........spider
By bella! [Ignore] 04,Mar,23 12:35 other posts 
EXACTLY! 🕷🕷🕷😳
By biggg [Ignore] 04,Mar,23 15:16 other posts 
some big hairy things are nice though
By bella! [Ignore] 04,Mar,23 15:39 other posts 
You got that right!
By Jamie [Ignore] 04,Mar,23 16:34 other posts 
I'm not that hairy
By bella! [Ignore] 04,Mar,23 17:51 other posts 
I bet Goldilocks would say that you're "just right"!

By bella! [Ignore] 02,Mar,23 19:47 other posts 
"State of South Carolina v. Richard Alexander Murdaugh was an American criminal case in the fourteenth circuit of the South Carolina Circuit Court in which Murdaugh was found guilty of the murders of his wife and their 22-year-old son in June 2021. The trial began on January 25, 2023, with instructions from the judge and opening statements from the prosecution and defense. Closing arguments began on March 1 and ended on March 2. The jury began deliberation on March 2, and reached a guilty verdict on all four counts after approximately three hours of deliberation.[1] Sentencing will take place on March 3."
By phart [Ignore] 03,Mar,23 00:02 other posts 
I am glad ,1 for the guilty verdict and 2, perhaps there will be SOMETHING else on the local "news".
By phart [Ignore] 03,Mar,23 23:14 other posts 
He got life in prison, so that means the taxpayer has to feed the bastard till he dies. he is given a chance to live,unlike his victums.

By kebmo [Ignore] 01,Mar,23 22:21 other posts 
Many republican states are passing laws to prohibit puberty blockers being taken by minors.
I wonder why these same states don’t prohibit circumcisions.
Maybe it’s because circumcisions don’t target the gay community.
--------------------------------------- added after 6 minutes

Almost half of all patients seeking gender affirming care travel outside their home state to do so.
-JAMA Surgery
By bella! [Ignore] 01,Mar,23 22:45 other posts 
Really? Puberty blockers are a concern of Republicans? Bravo! Someone/something needs to watchdog the parent(s) of 6 year old little Johnnie when he decides he's a girl or 10 year old little Susie when she declares she's a boy.
By kebmo [Ignore] 01,Mar,23 23:41 other posts 
To be clear, I’m not referring to any surgery. These drugs pause puberty and allow the child and their family to make their decisions.

By tecsan [Ignore] 01,Mar,23 23:56 other posts 
kebmo What is the duration of time that these so called 'puberty blockers' are given? Yes one to two months is probably ok, but who the hell makes that decision. Let nature take its course.
By kebmo [Ignore] 02,Mar,23 00:09 other posts 
So why is circumcision legal? That is my base question. Why not just let nature take its course, as you said.
By tecsan [Ignore] 02,Mar,23 00:14 other posts 
You got me there. I agree with you on that. I got into a heated argument over this in the past. Guess you know what my feeling is toward circumcision. The puberty blockers caught my attention though.
By kebmo [Ignore] 02,Mar,23 01:24 other posts 
By tecsan [Ignore] 02,Mar,23 02:25 other posts 
By mr_blue [Ignore] 02,Mar,23 03:15 other posts 
Circumcisions fall under religious freedoms.
By phart [Ignore] 02,Mar,23 07:38 other posts 
Something to do with keeping the dick clean and reduce the disease weren't it? They didn't have good soap back then.

As for the blockers,Hell yes, I am glad for it.
Who wants to see adults running around that are just now reaching puberty?
By dgraff [Ignore] 03,Mar,23 10:53 other posts 
The whole thing about the blocker’s is what purpose do they serve my mind is at a loss and what kind of parents allow a young teenager to take them
The whole world is fucked in the head
By phart [Ignore] 03,Mar,23 16:53 other posts 
I see it every day, parent takes 7 year old to resturant.They spend 30 minutes trying to decide if they want nuggets or a burger. And this is "OK" as they are just children and can't be expected to make important decisions.
BUT if that same k1d wakes up in the morning and decides he is a girl instead of a boy, that is supposedly "OK" because "they" KNOW EXACTLY what they are at 7 years old.

Strange, that same 7 year old can't expect to drive a car until they are 16, can't take a bullet for their country until 18 and can't drink a beer until 21. All because "their mind is not mature enough" for such important task.
But yet,7 years old,"I am a GIRL damn it"! and all is well.

BULLSHIT. it is legal child abuse.

New Comment   Go to top

Pages:  #1... #135   #136   #137   #138   #139   #140   #141   #142   #143   #144   ...#769

Show your Genitals